Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    violetsareblue Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 5, 2009, 05:09 AM
    Silver Plate or silver id marks
    I have a serving fork , I think its silver plate but can not id the marks can any one help?
    The makers mark is a crown with the initials EP below the crown then there are four double lettered shield like marks with a mix of symbols and letters which I can name they look to be in old type letters or even symbols the last of these is a single S.
    There is a faint mark on the other side of the fork close to the handle which looks like a small b.
    Any help would be useful
    Thank you
    gretcheng Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 26, 2010, 05:36 PM
    I have a tea set (old) with Ep (and then either an F, I or J) D & S then a trumpet and under that
    Is marked 2285 and under that is a symbol like a harp that is symmetrical on both sides. The handle is
    Black. There are two tea pots (one bigger), a sugar and creamer. The other tea pot has a black handle also (not metal, seems too hard for wood but too old to be plastic.) My mother has had them for at least 50 years and may have purchased them in England. The teapots also have the number 4 on them and the sugar and cream a different number.
    gretcheng Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 26, 2010, 05:40 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by violetsareblue View Post
    I have a serving fork , I think its silver plate but can not id the marks can any one help?
    The makers mark is a crown with the initials EP below the crown then there are four double lettered shield like marks with a mix of symbols and letters which I can name they look to be in old type letters or even symbols the last of these is a single S.
    There is a faint mark on the other side of the fork close to the handle which looks like a small b.
    Any help would be useful
    Thank you
    If you received an answer from gretchen it is because I got mixed up and sent it as an answer to your question. I also had a question. Sorry, better submit it again.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Marking on old silver plate tea set [ 11 Answers ]

I have an old tea set with the calligraphy letters of K S In in which each set of letters is enclosed in the outline of a coat of arms. Next to this on the right is an outline of something that looks like a five-fingered hand pointing downwards with thumbs on each side. Can you tell me anything...

Silver plate bowl [ 3 Answers ]

Got some pictures but can't get good ones on the bottom. The bottom has a Sphinx above the words Georgian plate Hope the pics help some. Any one know anything about this bowl?

Silver plate bowl [ 4 Answers ]

I have an old silver plate bowl, on the bottom it is marked Georgian then Plate below and there is a spinx just above that. Can't find out any thing about this. Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Silver plate mark identification [ 2 Answers ]

I am having a problem identifying these marks on a set of table spoons can anyone help

Identify a silver plate [ 1 Answers ]

I have come across a small silver plate, (serving dish) it is about 8 inches wide and 12 to 14 inches long. It has a matching cover with a removable handel. The handle twist off and locks on like an old style radiator cap, with two tabs that lock under matching tabs in the dish top with a quarter...

View more questions Search