Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    heidic747 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 1, 2004, 06:15 AM
    Pregnant cat question(my 1st cat)
    My kitty is pregnant ,kittens in like 2 weeks.. the male cat just hangs at my house stalking her,it seems like she doesn't like him anymore.why is he back now that she's not in heat? He won't leave.i don't no anything about cats ,please help..
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

May 2, 2004, 07:24 AM
    Pregnant cat question(my 1st cat)
    I am mainly answering this to keep it near the top. I hope Koriani sees it and answers soon. She knows much more about cats than I do
    koriani Posts: 132, Reputation: 8

May 3, 2004, 08:42 AM
    Re: pregnant cat question(my 1st cat)
    Hello,

Sorry I'm deliquent in answering.

First thing I would do is have the male neutered whether it's yours or not. I have any cat that walks through my yard fixed no matter who's it is (they are mostly dumped as I live out in the sticks).

Neutering a male isn't as expensive as spaying a female and maybe you can find a low cost spay/neuter clinic.

Also, keep the female COMPLETELY in the house. That is the safest thing for her anyway. I've seen too many people who let their female cats go out after they had kittens then something (car, pound, etc) happened to them and the owners were stuck bottle raising kittens.

Have her spayed about 10 weeks after the kittens are born and you won't have to worry about it anymore.

Getting the male fixed should get him to stop stalking your female in the meantime.

Make sure you are feeding momma a good, high quality food such as Iams kitten. She'll need the extra nutrition a kitten food can offer while she's pregnant and while she's nursing.

Hope this information helps...

Regards,
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

May 3, 2004, 12:24 PM
    Re: pregnant cat question(my 1st cat)
    I am glad to see Koriani answered. What I really want to say is how much I like her solution to the male cat. If the owner notices it, and doesn't like it, tough, it is irresponcible to let an unneutered male cat run loose. You may have one mad neighbor and several happy ones. Go for it.

I have threatened to donate male dogs that come around to a dog guide school. Somebody gave me a chocolate Lab, and he just graduated as a dog guide. He has a job to do, and a loving person to be with 24/7.

I am a big spay/neuter fan. For those of us that love cats and dogs, the numbers slaughtred for lack of homes is sickening .
    MothersDaughter Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 23, 2008, 03:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by heidic747
    MY KITTY IS PREGNANT ,KITTENS IN LIKE 2 WEEKS..THE MALE CAT JUST HANGS AT MY HOUSE STALKING HER,IT SEEMS LIKE SHE DOESNT LIKE HIM ANYMORE.WHY IS HE BACK NOW THAT SHES NOT IN HEAT? HE WONT LEAVE.I DONT NO ANYTHING ABOUT CATS ,PLEASE HELP..
    We had a male cat get into our basement to get to the kittens. A male cat will try to kill them. We had one that was killed by him. It doesn't matter if it is the father or not.
    morgaine300 Posts: 6,561, Reputation: 276
    Uber Member

Feb 23, 2008, 10:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by labman
    What I really want to say is how much I like her solution to the male cat. If the owner notices it, and doesn't like it, tough, it is irresponcible to let an unneutered male cat run loose. You may have one mad neighbor and several happy ones. Go for it.
    You may check on this, if you're interested, but in some locations, if the owners are not taking care of an animal properly, and you take it to the vet and spend the money on it, you can keep it as yours. And then get yours spayed as well.

Quote Originally Posted by labman
    I am a big spay/neuter fan. For those of us that love cats and dogs, the numbers slaughtred for lack of homes is sickening .
    AMEN!
    carolbcac Posts: 342, Reputation: 72

Feb 24, 2008, 11:50 AM
    The cat hanging around may not be the father of the kittens... male cats will sometimes kill the offspring of another male, so that the female will come back into heat and he can father the next litter. (My friends call me "Useless Knowledge Woman")

No matter, I agree, fix that tomcat and any of his buddies that wander in! Check around to see if there is a low-cost spay/neuter program in your area.
    JESSENIA TRINIDAD Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Mar 21, 2008, 02:54 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by heidic747
    MY KITTY IS PREGNANT ,KITTENS IN LIKE 2 WEEKS..THE MALE CAT JUST HANGS AT MY HOUSE STALKING HER,IT SEEMS LIKE SHE DOESNT LIKE HIM ANYMORE.WHY IS HE BACK NOW THAT SHES NOT IN HEAT? HE WONT LEAVE.I DONT NO ANYTHING ABOUT CATS ,PLEASE HELP..
    Well hahah that is very funny because my kitty was also in heat lets say I jad the same proplem an don't take this the wrong way but what I did after she was done being heated I chased her boyfriend away because I knew she didn't like him no more and I also have a dog he loves the cat a lot he chases all the other cats away except for her so am saying if that boy cat won't leave her alone I say chase that cat away throw waret so it feels unwanted if not then .sorrry

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Could I Be Pregnant? [ 1 Answers ]

With my periods I'm usually regular say I'm due on the 15th il come on either that day or a day before or after but this time I've come on 6 days early which isn't normal for me and my periods are always very heavy and painful but this time they isn't heavy or painful they are lighter then usual...

Pregnant Cat Question [ 1 Answers ]

How long before having the kittens does the queen produce milk?

Could I be Pregnant? [ 4 Answers ]

Hello all I'm new to this site and I just need some help, I started my cycle December 27th of 2005 and it end on January 3rd,of 2006 I didn't come on in January and it's February 4th and I Started spotting and it's getting a little like a menstrual cycle. I just want to know is this...

Pregnant [ 4 Answers ]

I want to get pregnant but I am not sure of the best time to try! Does anyone know, is it before your mensural cycle or after and how many days before or after? Please someone help, I really am confused on this.

View more questions Search