Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    RICK2395 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 1, 2006, 02:14 PM
    Dish Network Connection
    How Do I Set My Vcr When I Am Hooked Up To Dish Network. My Dvd Which Is The First Unit Hooked To Dish Set On Channel 73. I Then Ran Cable To Vcr And Then On To Tv. When I Try To Record A Program On Time Record It Is Scambled. What Do I Do? I Have Both The Vcr And Tv Set On Channel 3 Which Works Fine For Normal Viewing.
    jham_lindow Posts: 56, Reputation: 2

Nov 1, 2006, 06:54 PM
    Do u have it on the right channel, if not than that's your problem. If not then the signal scrambler might be messing with the recordings. Which receiver are you using?
    Thomas1970 Posts: 856, Reputation: 131

Nov 2, 2006, 02:20 AM
    Hi Rick,
    I kind of understand what you are saying, having just recently switched from Dish Network myself. Though it has been many years since I have used a VCR to record anything. I would assume -- assuming that your VCR is set to record whatever is on the TV itself -- that you would simply set the TV to the satellite broadcast station (channel 73?), as opposed to channel 3. And just choose your channel to be recorded with the satellite receiver, as usual.
    Hope this helps. Take care.
    computergod Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Nov 10, 2006, 11:37 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by RICK2395
    How Do I Set My Vcr When I Am Hooked Up To Dish Network. My Dvd Which Is The First Unit Hooked To Dish Set On Channel 73. I Then Ran Cable To Vcr And Then On To Tv. When I Try To Record A Program On Time Record It Is Scambled. What Do I Do? I Have Both The Vcr And Tv Set On Channel 3 Which Works Fine For Normal Viewing.
    Try using a known good RCA cable plugged directly video/audio output of the DISH receiver to the input of your VCR make sure the input is selected on the vcr e.g. if you plugged it to Line 1 or input 1 of your vcr select that input and record(you have to select Line 1 or Input 1 on your VCR make sure that is displayed on the vcr panel before recording)... also some shows especially Pay per view ones have Copy protection it sends out a distorted signal to your recording device(VCR in this case) every time you record the program
    mcmahonm Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 13, 2007, 01:22 PM
    How to hook dvd recorder to satellite TV?
    AllFritz Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 28, 2007, 03:40 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by RICK2395
    Run it through a RF splitter to a second TV, and jump from there to your vcr.. the receiver knows you are trying to record and thus is scrambling the signal.
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Oct 31, 2007, 06:35 AM
    Try the Sat on 73, and VCR and TV on CH 3.
    arile36 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 5, 2009, 03:02 PM
    Dad I'm connecting with you right now please come on now.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How can I share Internet Connection in Network [ 1 Answers ]

Hi! I have once Pc and one Laptop.Both are connected through ethernet card and are running winxp.I have networked them both .Files are shared but Internet connection can't be shared. Please help me about this. ANd Thanks

Slow Network Connection [ 1 Answers ]

I need help in determining why my network connection has slowed after being added to a new domain. This is a concern because there are approximately 50 other computers linked to this new domain with no problems. The problem occurred when our system administrator had swapped one win 2000 server out...

VCR Dish connection [ 15 Answers ]

How do I connect a vcr to my dish network.

Sharing internet connection on wireless network (ad hoc) [ 1 Answers ]

Hi this is my first post on here and I was wondering if anyone could help me. I have a PC and a laptop both with wireless cards. I've managed to connect the 2 and have good signal. I went into my internet connection settings and clicked the check box "allow others to connect through this...

View more questions Search