Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chriscjsanders Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 4, 2009, 02:55 PM
    Yardman chipper,shredder, leaf vac
    I have a Yardman (MTD 5.5 horse) chipper, shredder, leaf vac that is self propelled. I need to replace the drive belt but don't know how to remove the propeller to get the belt off. The model # is 247-203B401, '97 model. Can anybody shed some light on this ? Thanks.
    crigby Posts: 4,343, Reputation: 107
    Outdoor Power Equipment Expert

Oct 5, 2009, 12:04 PM

Hi,
    You can get the manual from:
    PDF Manual Web Archive
    And type in that model number in the first box and just use 1 for the serial number and it should list it as 770-0361m
    Peace,
    Clarke
    chriscjsanders Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 5, 2009, 03:08 PM

Thanks Clarke,
    I got the manual, next thing is it says I need an impeller removal tool because it is on a tapered shaft. Is the tool necessary? Or is there another way to remove it ?
    crigby Posts: 4,343, Reputation: 107
    Outdoor Power Equipment Expert

Oct 5, 2009, 05:28 PM

Hi,
    I was unable to find a picture, but did find the number changes to #753-0900. I found it as cheap as $13.21 at one place, and found listed three places I looked. Some impellers are threaded beneath the bolt and a large grade 5 or grade 8 bolt can be used to push it free.
    Peace,
    Clarke

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Craftsman 8.5hp chipper/shredder [ 3 Answers ]

Does anyone know how to remove the heavy, castiron impeller from the crankshaft? I have the protective housing removed and can't figure out how the impeller slides off the shaft. Any ideas?

Can't start my chipper/shredder [ 2 Answers ]

I have an mtd 5.5hp chipper shredder. Each year the fist start in the spring has been difficult, but persistence has always gotten it running. This year I just can't get it to go. After multiple tries I smell exhaust, but I don't think the engine is turning over anymore than the pull cord causes...

Duerr chipper, shredder, blower,bagger [ 2 Answers ]

In the recent wind storm a 100' fir tree fell on my shed crushing my 13 year old Duerr chipper(shredder, blower,bagger). I have an insurance claim and am supposed to locate the approximate original price of the machine. I am using my brother-in-laws computer to try to locate you for some answers....

MTD 5.5HP Chipper/Shredder [ 25 Answers ]

I have the mentioned unit and I can't get it to turn over. It has a pull string starter and it doesn't seem to generate a spark. Should I check the plugs. I don't use it much and did not drain it for storage. But I have a lot of debris from branches that came doen in a storm so I really need it. ...

View more questions Search