Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lionlouise Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 1, 2006, 12:54 PM
    soft sided portable above ground swimming pools
    I'm thinking of buying an above ground swimming pool. I saw on the internet the one I wanted 12x17 x 53inch from reallyezpools - but on another site there was a consumer warning about them - Has anyone here bought one and can tell me what they thought of it?

thanks
    louise
    paltro Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 9, 2006, 05:08 PM
    Hi louise. We bought one of their pools from their site directly www.reallyezpools.com (not through ebay). I also saw the consumer alert about Really EZ Pools, but figured being from a competitor, I ignored it. It took a little longer than I wanted to get the pool. But the pool's been great and I was happy to find them. We did have some troubles with the pump, and the guys at Really EZ Pools switched it out within a few days. Hope this helps.

Sincerely,
    paltro
    lionlouise Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 10, 2006, 02:11 AM
    Thank you so much Palto,
    I have talked to them directly and they sound great but being that I don't live in USA I was hesitant because it won't be easy to take care of small matters.
    I have posted this question all over and you are the first to reply. I think I will take the plunge .
    Louise
    dooleydoo33 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 26, 2007, 09:57 AM
    What type of sand is used as a base for an above ground pool?
    Tony Hine Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 2, 2007, 05:08 PM
    I am in the UK, so I'm not sure what term you use for it in the USA,

Sharp sand, is what we call it, a more general term could be "washed sand" basically it is a coarse grit, produced when aggregate is washed. Do not use building sand as this contains a proportion of clay which will wash out and can cause voids.

The other thing to bear in mind it depends on your local geology, some areas the geology is a limestone, and in these areas you would want something like limestone grit.

Other areas Cornwall in the UK for instance, a lot of granite, therefore you want granite grit (cannot remember its name)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Heating Problem - Kenmore Heavy Duty 60 Series Soft Heat [ 4 Answers ]

My Kenmore Heavy Duty 60 Series Soft Heat Model 96565210will not heat on any setting. The dryer runs normally, it just won't heat at all. We did install a new heat element, and that would not heat up. Any help is appreciated!

Turtle with soft shell [ 2 Answers ]

I bought two baby turles two weeks ago, and they both have soft shells. What can I do to help them, they just started to eat this week.

Advice on above ground pools [ 2 Answers ]

OK... We're going to take the plunge and get an above ground pool. I've been trying to do some priliminary research on the internet as we won't actually purchase until this fall. I have had little luck in finding a non-biased source of information on recommended brands and recommended types of...

Dogs and swimming [ 3 Answers ]

I take my lab swimming regularly and was wondering how long can he swim for without coming back. The reason I ask is that he sometines can't find the ball but will not come back without it and I worry that he might not make it back. Any info is appreciated.

Okay -- Swimming. [ 1 Answers ]

This really isn't a question. I joined swim team because I like to swim, I am not thin, but definitely not fat. I have gotten so well toned and built in upper arms/calves/shoulders. This is after about 2 weeks, and the season is another 3 months. I suggest if you want a workout to really help...

View more questions Search