Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Golden_Boy Posts: 330, Reputation: 6

Oct 4, 2009, 12:08 PM
    Which Alpha-Arbutin Product has the Highest % Arbutin?
    Many don't seem to list it :(
    lilgreg1 Posts: 171, Reputation: 12

Oct 4, 2009, 12:10 PM

Most products don't list their dilution of an ingredient within their product. Only real way to create a higher or majority based Alpha Arbutin product with a certain percentage would be to dilute your own.

Oct 4, 2009, 01:04 PM

Where's most affordable place to purchase Alpha-arbutin, and what % to make it?

Oct 4, 2009, 03:22 PM

Use something in between or increase gradually as stated above when diluting your Alpha Arbutin. As for purchasing it, due to advertising rules, I'd rather have you look up one of the many sites online that can be found with a simple search engine search.

If all else fails, feel free to query me through this board or any other member who has experience with such.

Oct 4, 2009, 03:36 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by lilgreg1 View Post
    Use something in between or increase gradually as stated above when diluting your Alpha Arbutin. As for purchasing it, due to advertising rules, I'd rather have you look up one of the many sites online that can be found with a simple search engine search.

If all else fails, feel free to query me through this board or any other member who has experience with such.

Yes I am intrigued, if my understanding is correct, you are using Alpha Arbutin 5% + MONOBENZONE 5% and getting a good response? sor far how long has it been? HOw many shades lighter and is it even?

Because of my traumatization with Fair & Flawless in early 2008, I'm very reluctant to try anything else "risky" as it were, FF seemed hand mixed into these unlabeled jars with pink cap, yet I do want results because this long break has caused me to be at my darkest, after summer tanning and so on.

Oct 4, 2009, 03:40 PM

I believe I've posted this information on a few different threads already. In order to save me some time, I think it's best that you take a look on the last few threads you've replied to.

Oct 4, 2009, 03:46 PM

Quote Originally Posted by lilgreg1 View Post
    I believe I've posted this information on a few different threads already. In order to save me some time, I think it's best that you take a look on the last few threads you've replied to.
    I am specifically asking for how long you have been using this combination of Alpha arbutin and Monobenzone, that's all.
    nikkicute Posts: 733, Reputation: 35

Oct 10, 2009, 05:19 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden_Boy View Post
    Yes I am intrigued, if my understanding is correct, you are using Alpha Arbutin 5% + MONOBENZONE 5% and getting a good response? sor far how long has it been? HOw many shades lighter and is it even?

Because of my traumatization with Fair & Flawless in early 2008, I'm very reluctant to try anything else "risky" as it were, FF seemed hand mixed into these unlabeled jars with pink cap, yet I do want results because this long break has caused me to be at my darkest, after summer tanning and so on.
    I'm curious, what product did you purchase from Fair and Flawless that was unlabeled with had a pink cap:confused: I've always received very professional packages from them, nothing close to hand made.

The 5XF Gel I'm using has 5% alpha arbutin.

You can purchase Alpha Arbutin from skinactives.com. It's all right to mention a company here on the boards you just can't link to them, you have to Google it yourself, that's not considered advertising.
    EggoMini Posts: 161, Reputation: 5

Oct 10, 2009, 06:53 PM

Yes, I'm wondering too... my FF Soho parfait has a mirror-finish metallic screw lid (the gel is clear pink) and the other Facial Lightening Cream( that I haven't started yet ) has a white top with a thin metal band going around. I also rec'd spatulas & a free tube of the cleansing scrub.

So far so good w/ my results with the parfait too... nothing Ripley's Believe It or Not level amazing or radical but it is working.

Maybe they've changed? I rec'd my order in late July this year (2009).

Nothing nasty has happened (knock on wood).. lol.

What happened with your F&F stuff Golden Boy? Any effects good or bad, I'd like to hear.

If they do suck, I'll consider myself lucky this time then maybe move on to something else. TIA.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Oct 10, 2009, 07:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden_Boy View Post

Which Alpha-Arbutin Product has the Highest % Arbutin?

Many don't seem to list it :(
    Hi, Golden_Boy!

This isn't a criticism. But, why is that an issue concerning those that don't list it, please!

Thanks!

Oct 10, 2009, 07:05 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by EggoMini View Post
    Yes, I'm wondering too...my FF Soho parfait has a mirror-finish metallic screw lid (the gel is clear pink) and the other Facial Lightening Cream( that I haven't started yet ) has a white top with a thin metal band going around. I also rec'd spatulas & a free tube of the cleansing scrub.

So far so good w/ my results with the parfait too...nothing Ripley's Believe It or Not level amazing or radical but it is working.

Maybe they've changed? I rec'd my order in late july.

Nothing nasty has happened (knock on wood)..lol.

What happened with your F&F stuff Golden Boy? any effects good or bad, I'd like to hear.

If they do suck, I'll consider myself lucky this time then maybe move on to something else. TIA.
    Aren't those spatulas cute! I think so.
    The Parfait is a clear pink gel:confused:
    The picture on the site shows a fluffy white cream.
    I've used Fair and Flawless since 2004 with no problem.

LOL! Ripley's Believe It or Not
    I like your aviator it's funny!

Oct 10, 2009, 08:33 PM
    Ooops!
    That's the wrong product with the white fluffy cream.
    That's the Skin Soho Body Lightening Soufflé not Parfait (for the face). What does the Soho Parfait look like?
    EggoMini Posts: 161, Reputation: 5

Oct 10, 2009, 09:26 PM

nikkicute,

This is my F&F Soho Lightening Parfait.. it has a gel-like feel

A pic of the jar closed.. one of the children insisted on putting a Bakugan toy in the shot :rolleyes::p

It's in a different jar than the one pictured on the site

Oct 10, 2009, 10:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clough View Post
    Hi, Golden_Boy!

This isn't a criticism. But, why is that an issue concerning those that don't list it, please!

Thanks!
    Because if its 0.5% Alpha-arbutin, which many products that boast Alpha-arbutin are, it's not going to be effective! :(
    Golden_Girl Posts: 1,930, Reputation: 60
    Ultra Member

Oct 11, 2009, 12:35 AM
    Lol... "Because of my traumatization"

You make it seem as though you were hospitalized. Why didn't you contact them, maybe you had an allergic response? What else were you using in your regimen?

Oct 11, 2009, 12:00 PM
    GoldenGirl you're the third person in this thread to ask that question and he has yet to answer. Most who say Fair and Flawless didn't work for them tend to exaggerate their claims. I totally believe your claims of what Bio Claire did to you and others, all of it seems very sincere.
    (I called PaPa Johns last night and got some wings again:D) LOL!

EggoMini Thanks for posting the pictures of the Soho Parfait, that was nice of you to do. All this time I thought it was a fluffy cream, when I think Parfait I picture something that looks like mousse. I kind feel disappointed to find out it's a gel, I was looking forward to a fluffy cream. Lol hey, as long as it works right?

Lol Your kids are cute! Had to look up that Bakugan toy, apparently they are an hot toy item, hottest thing since PokeMan. You have to collect a lot of them to complete the collection. Good luck come Christmas!
    Ultra Member

Oct 11, 2009, 07:05 PM
    Lol... they do have good tasty wings!

Oct 11, 2009, 10:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by nikkicute View Post
    Most who say Fair and Flawless didn't work for them tend to exaggerate their claims
    :eek:

Oct 11, 2009, 10:36 PM
    LOL your too silly! :p
    Ultra Member

Oct 12, 2009, 11:15 PM
    Lol... I had a taste for some wings today.

I'm was checking out the Alpha-Arbutin andmay try it at 5% and test it somewhere on my skin for a couple of months.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Alpha arbutin? [ 30 Answers ]

Does it really depigment your skin? Or is it just another skin lightening agent?

Alpha Arbutin [ 28 Answers ]

Has anyone used it and what was the outcome? Thanks. :)

Alpha Arbutin and hydrogen peroxide 35% [ 6 Answers ]

Hello all I think this is my first ever big post so let me introduce myself I'm trying to get from http://img2.timeinc.net/people/i/2007/stylewatch/gallery/hair/jennifer_hudson.jpg to http://pragmaticideas.files.wordpress.com/2008/11/michaeljackson.jpg with Alpha Arbutin and hydrogen peroxide 35%...

View more questions Search