Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    elisern Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 4, 2009, 11:44 AM
    No hot water pressure in one shower after main turned on/off
    I have been unable to find anything specific to our issue. Here it is.

Last week the water softener guy came to change out the tank while I was in taking a shower. When he turned off the main the water trickled to nothing. I turned off the shower, waited a few minutes and started it up again. There was cold water pressure but, suddenly, no hot water pressure.

I checked all the faucets, washer, showers etc in the house and there were no issues. Just issues in the back bath.

We have a single handle moen faucet (takes a 1222 cartridge). So far, we have released pressure from the hot water heater and changed the cartridge in the shower. We were sure to flush the line before we put the new cartridge in and found no debris. We still have the problem.

At a loss what to do next. No apparent leaking... and assumably if there was a leak the cold water would not be charging out. Any thoughts??

Really need help!
    afaroo Posts: 4,006, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Oct 4, 2009, 04:52 PM

It sounds like you still have some debris in the hot port of the faucet, shut off water to the shower, remove the cartridge check the hot port for any debris, turn on the water to flush any debris out the faucet, clean the cartridge and assemble check if it is OK now, Thanks.

John

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pressure drops when tap turned to cold position in shower [ 1 Answers ]

Just replaced Moen shower cartridge but shill no pressure when turning to cold position.

Low shower pressure when another faucet turned on [ 3 Answers ]

Recently I installed a second hot water at the MBR and kitchen end of my long rancher. (Formerly, it took a LONG time for HW to reach the Master Bath and Kitchen; the new HW heater remedied that.) Howe ver, now when the shower is in use and someone runs hot or cold water in the kitchen or Master...

Water pressure drops when a second faucet is turned on [ 2 Answers ]

We are the first owners of the house which was built in 2000. The water pressure to the house is very good. Until about six months ago, the water press was good with multiple faucets, dishwashers, clothes washer running. But now the pressure is good until a second device using water (faucet,...

Water turned off now low pressure in kitchen sink [ 1 Answers ]

The water company came two weeks ago to install a device to read the meter. The man turned off the water for about 20 minutes. Since then, there is very low hot water pressure in the kitchen sink. Cold water pressure is good and other sinks in house are fine. Help!

No water pressure when shower turned on [ 1 Answers ]

When faucet is turned on in tub the pressure is great. When the shower is engaged the pressure decreases rapidly.. makes a gurgling sound and completely stops coming out. We have not had anything done to our bathroom, except that I took off the shower head to clean it of lime & rust build up, but...

View more questions Search