Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Oct 4, 2009, 12:33 AM
    Thinkpad drivers
    My boyfriend reformatted my aunts laptop. Or at least got part way through it. He can't find the drivers online. At least not any that work. It's an ibm t42 thinkpad. We went to the ibm website and the lenovo website. But those drivers didn't work and so far everything else just leads us back to the lenovo site. I think my aunt bought the laptop off her old computer tech guy and she said he didn't give her anything at all to go with it, so no recovery disk or anything. Any tips or ideas?
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Oct 4, 2009, 03:04 AM
    What operating system are you installing?
    Ultra Member

Oct 4, 2009, 09:21 AM

Windows xp. I think he already installed windows. But he needs the drivers for things like wireless internet and usb's. If I'm understanding this all correctly. Would that make sense?
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Oct 4, 2009, 11:32 AM
    Is he getting the drivers from here?
    Lenovo Support & downloads - Right navigation for documents
    Ultra Member

Oct 4, 2009, 01:25 PM

Yes. That's the site we tried
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 4, 2009, 02:09 PM

I also have a thinkPad T42. Which EXACT model?
    Ultra Member

Oct 4, 2009, 07:12 PM

The back says TYPE 2374 CT0. Is that the model?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 4, 2009, 07:26 PM

2374 is correct, but I don't see a CTO model.
    Ultra Member

Oct 4, 2009, 10:26 PM

We didn't either. Which we thought was weird. But we can't find anything else on the laptop. Just that. We tried CT1, to see if maybe that might be close enough. But it didn't work.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

IBM thinkpad [ 1 Answers ]

My computer has no sound and won't do any thing Windows xp professional starts up has all icons on screen but just won't open up.

64-bit Vista drivers and 64-bit XP drivers [ 7 Answers ]

Think of this situation as a 32-bit Vista Machine upgrading(term used loosely :D) to a 64-bit Version of Vista. Since maybe not all hardware on the 32-bit is 64-bit compatible, thus no drivers (which must be digitally signed) for operability. I have heard that for SOME of these devices that need...

Why are excellent drivers usually angry drivers? [ 12 Answers ]

When someone whizzes past me on the freeway, changing lanes and slipping between cars without slowing anyone down I think, "good driver." Riding in the same car with a person like this has always revealed that the person is frustrated and angry with everyone else. You may be different. When a...

IBM ThinkPad T60 [ 2 Answers ]

Hi All; I have got an IBM ThinkPad T60 Laptop with Windows XP (SP2) installed. The problem I have is when my laptop goes on StandBy or Hibernet Mode, then recalling it from that state, the Keyboard & Mouse stops functioning and I need to restart it or shut it down to resolve this problem. ...

IBM Thinkpad [ 2 Answers ]

Couple questions... I have a PIII IBM thinkpad laptop. It turns on the lights turn on I can hear the HDD and cdrom running but no image comes on the screen. I am almost sure it is the motherboard. But some are talking about a video sub card. I am fairly new to laptops soooo is this just a fancy...

View more questions Search