Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lisaMitchell Posts: 4, Reputation: -1

Oct 29, 2009, 09:11 PM

Actually hydroquinone is not recommanded at all. That is why it is banned in Ireland and the UK.
    You can get better results without burning your skin with natural extracts plants lotion and creams such as, Makari, QEI+ and 55H+
    You can see them at Ebony Beauty Fashion - Wigs, Weaves, Skin & Hair Care
    Golden_Girl Posts: 1,930, Reputation: 60
    Ultra Member

Oct 30, 2009, 03:11 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by lisaMitchell View Post
    actually hydroquinone is not recommanded at all. That is why it is banned in Ireland and the UK.
    You can get better results without burning your skin with natural extracts plants lotion and creams such as, Makari, QEI+ and 55H+
    you can see them at Ebony Beauty Fashion - Wigs, Weaves, Skin & Hair Care
    Your about to get banned..
    slimgoody Posts: 19, Reputation: 1

Nov 20, 2009, 06:24 AM

Let me start by saying I have been hydro girl for like 7 yrs but only on the 2% level, so I'm an avid user. But I'm new to the 4% game so I obtained a perscpt from my derm for hydro 4%, betamethasone & alamactin. So I started using twice a day w a retin a and I burned my skin on my arm, lol. But I know where I went wrong, I used retin a on my face but I began w an every other day use then advance to everyday when I saw that I didn't need it everyday and went back to every other day, which is what I should've done with my hydro, retin a usage. On top of that I'd scrub my skin thinking that was the best thing to get rid of my peeling skin but it only aided in helping the hydro and retin a penetrate deeper but not letting my skin heal or recover before I cover my skin with more product. Over usage or as my grandmother would say,"Being fast and grown," I burnt my skin but, "When you know better, you do better." So I took a week off and went back to my regular 2% mixture while on hiatus from the more potent 4% retin a. My skin healed so now I 4% & retin a every other day but only at night and I 2% everyday and my skin has gotten better and lighter. I hope I didn't bore anyone my apologies just thought I'd share my journey.
    lighterrr Posts: 1,415, Reputation: 72
    Ultra Member

Nov 20, 2009, 02:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by slimgoody View Post
    Let me start by saying I have been hydro girl for like 7 yrs but only on the 2% level, so I'm an avid user. But I'm new to the 4% game so I obtained a perscpt from my derm for hydro 4%, betamethasone & alamactin. So I started using twice a day w a retin a and I burned my skin on my arm, lol. But I know where I went wrong, I used retin a on my face but I began w an every other day use then advance to everyday when I saw that I didnt need it everyday and went back to every other day, which is what I should've done with my hydro, retin a usage. On top of that I'd scrub my skin thinking that was the best thing to get rid of my peeling skin but it only aided in helping the hydro and retin a penetrate deeper but not letting my skin heal or recover before I cover my skin with more product. Over usage or as my grandmother would say,"Being fast and grown," I burnt my skin but, "When you know better, you do better." So I took a week off and went back to my regular 2% mixture while on hiatus from the more potent 4% retin a. My skin healed so now I 4% & retin a every other day but only at night and I 2% everyday and my skin has gotten better and lighter. I hope I didn't bore anyone my apologies just thought I'd share my journey.
    Thank you for sharing
    Golden_Girl Posts: 1,930, Reputation: 60
    Ultra Member

Nov 20, 2009, 07:56 PM
    Yes, thanks Slimgoody. Did your derm suggest how long to use the 4% hq (weeks, months, more)?
    slimgoody Posts: 19, Reputation: 1

Nov 21, 2009, 05:04 PM

No my derm didn't suggest how long I should use the 4% but frm what I've read frm other posts I won't use for more than six months then I'll break and resume thereafter... but I will ask, I have to refill my perscpt and get bk w the answer ttys
    sunnyahsan Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 25, 2010, 05:53 PM
    Use ambi fade cream it has 2%hydroq... it takes almost 2 weeks to lighten(bleach) your skin. And its 5$

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Does Godiva work? Licorice extract is 10x better than hydroquinone it says... [ 11 Answers ]

I always thought Godiva was just a scam but does it actually work? Over time? I don't mind if it takes awhile but does it work at all? Licorice extract looks promising for skin whitening but let me know!

How soon does hydroquinone work [ 30 Answers ]

Hey guys.. my doctor prescribed 4% hydroquinone for dark spots on my skin. Can someone tell me when I will start to see results? Or do I have to use a sunblock? I really want this to work. I have marks on my legs and arm. Or does anyone have any other suggestions for these marks on my skin. I am...

Hydroquinone [ 4 Answers ]

Please read the other topics I wrote, this one can you delete moderator, I start to write and sudenly just click the button, my fault :) Read my other topic:) Bye

0.5% or 1% hydroquinone? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I would like to know whether there are any bleaching creams that contain only 0.5% or 1% hydroquinone. Ive search but can't find any. :)

IS hydroquinone really that Bad? [ 3 Answers ]

I don't know about you guys but I'm really getting tired of searching for a skin lightning product that actually works, I mean I've probabley searched every where, read every forum and article about skin lightning, and I'venoticed that the products that people are saying really works are the one's...

View more questions Search