Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Golden_Girl Posts: 1,930, Reputation: 60
    Ultra Member

Oct 9, 2009, 09:56 PM
    I agree, hq and tret combo is much better than hq alone. How many shades were you able to lighten New Day?
    Itss A New Day Posts: 163, Reputation: 8

Oct 9, 2009, 10:49 PM

It seems like everyone is online tonight lol. Ok TRUE STORY MOMENT: I posted this in my intro post but I have to reiterate I have not been a bleacher as some of the alums on here, so when I initially used my Tri Luma combo of 4% HQ and 0.05% tretinoin, IT LITERALLY BURNED PIGMENT OFF MY SKIN, and my mom one day told me I was light skinned, my sister kept saying I was so light, but my skin was so uneven because around my mouth was lighter, below my eye, but just random patches, and I only used it for a few days and my skin was just peeling nonstop. I of course stopped and switched ot Bio Clair because the tri luma was too strong for me at the time. My doctor advised to rub a thin film on my acne spots only, but I got carried away and rubbed a healthy layer all over my face . So to answer your question, it took me down I would say about 2-3 shades in such a short period. I have a picture in my house somewhere if you give me a chance ot find it I'll send you a PM. The reason I am still looking for a good product is because tri-luma only comes in a 15 gram tube, and I need something FOR MY WHOLE BODY. So when Im ready to lighten my face, I know what to turn to, but for my whole body, that's a whole different story as my skin is so thick. Ughh.
    Golden_Boy Posts: 330, Reputation: 6

Oct 9, 2009, 10:52 PM

Just random patches got light?? That's not good!

15G is TINY. No HQ for me I'm going with Arbutin+Tretinoin.

Thanks you

Oct 9, 2009, 11:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden_Boy View Post
    Just random patches got light?!?! Thats not good!

15G is TINY. No HQ for me I'm going with Arbutin+Tretinoin.

Thanks yall

Yeh random patches because like I said I was new to this and probably wasn't paying attention to the application, and also I only used it for such a short time, but yeah with lightening not every square inch lightens at the same pace unfortunately. Thank God for makeup. Where do you get your arbutin Golden Boy and have you started seeing results?
    Ultra Member

Oct 9, 2009, 11:20 PM
    Tri Luma sounds like some good stuff. There are some areas of the face that are thinner than other areas. This did happen with me using bio clair (which is no good) and also with the makari, it lightened my mouth and nose area quicker and my forehead and other areas slower. But, I continued and everything would ketch up after another week or 2 and skin became more even. To lighten the whole body with hq/tret? I wonder if you could squeeze the tube in with another larger container of lightening lotion, or try formulating your own hq or formulating a more natural lightening blend? That's my guess.
    Ultra Member

Oct 9, 2009, 11:21 PM
    Hmmm... everyone does seem to be on tonight which is rare, so we are just chatting away. My goal was to be in bed by this time... lol oh well.

Oct 9, 2009, 11:36 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Itss A New Day View Post
    Yeh random patches because like I said I was new to this and probably wasnt paying attention to the application, and also I only used it for such a short time, but yeh with lightening not every square inch lightens at the same pace unfortunately. Thank God for makeup. Where do you get your arbutin Golden Boy and have you started seeing results?

I want one simple cream I can apply head to toe daily that won't poison my organs so I spent like 100 bucks ordering 30 grams (1 oz) of arbutin, and 18 grams (2/3 oz) of alpha-arbutin from skinactives (I think they are very expensive! )

That 48 gm of combined arbutin will be dissolved in same amount of hot water, then mixed into 100 grams each of Makari + Emami naturally fair + Vicco turmeric + Tretinoin 0.1%

I think the resulting cream will be 10% Arbutin and 0.2% Tretinoin and be total of 500g which is like more than a pound of cream! So might last me 3 months used head to toe, guessing. I would not know if its working till between Thanksgiving and New Years. I don't even have the ingredients yet but they're on their way.
    EggoMini Posts: 161, Reputation: 5

Oct 9, 2009, 11:37 PM

I'm so psyched to find this forum, I think I've been on ever since I registered! Lol! My husband is like <blank look> about this subject so he doesn't really get it.

He seems to think it's normal to be 50 million different colors at once.:D

Oct 9, 2009, 11:43 PM

Ur multicolors are you serious?

Yeah Its addictive and when I read something funny my boy friend who's often watching TV right diagonal to me, looks at me all weird asking what I'm laughing at this time!

:)
    Ultra Member

Oct 9, 2009, 11:51 PM
    Lol... well let us know how it works. Personally I would not have mixed makari, as it lightens the body and face very well on it's own. Why not have purchased your active ingredients from a company that offers larger quantities for less? Which has manufacturer prices in larger sizes instead of consumer prices in much smaller sizes? Depending where you purchase, the quality would have still been great, but more for your dollar. Skin Actives is cool too, but they are best for making small quantities, not larger ones. Better off just purchasing the alpha-arbutin instead of also the arbutin, as alpha-arbutin is the more potent and synthetic version of regular arbutin.

Emami naturally fair and Vicco turmeric are new to me. If you do decide to use them, maybe pour it into a spray bottle to easily apply it all over the body without using excess amounts.

Oct 9, 2009, 11:54 PM

I can't find where to get Arbutin in larger cheaper supplier amounts.

Anyone have a source link?
    Ultra Member

Oct 10, 2009, 12:09 AM
    I can't find where to get Arbutin in larger cheaper supplier amounts.

Anyone have a source link?
    ... check your mail

Oct 10, 2009, 12:14 AM

Oohhhhh goodie, got it, my first private message ever!

I had heard of that site long ago but forgot all about it, would have never remembered so,
    thanks to you sis!.

I will check them out and order from there too soon.

Oct 10, 2009, 12:49 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden_Girl View Post
    Tri Luma sounds like some good stuff. There are some areas of the face that are thinner than other areas. This did happen with me using bio clair (which is no good) and also with the makari, it lightened my mouth and nose area quicker and my forehead and other areas slower. But, I continued and everything would ketch up after another week or 2 and skin became more even. To lighten the whole body with hq/tret? I wonder if you could squeeze the tube in with another larger container of lightening lotion, or try formulating your own hq or formulating a more natural lightening blend? That's my guess.
    Omg its like you read my mind! I was literally just pondering this as I got out the shower. MY question GOlden Girl is that if I do this, will I still have the same concentration of each active ingredient per use? Like if I start diluting the cream with another base lotion, will it be as effective? IF so why don't more people do this with 1 0z. Tubes of great lightening creams?

Oct 10, 2009, 01:14 AM
    Ur multicolors are you serious?

Yeah Its addictive and when I read something funny my boy friend who's often watching tv right diagonal to me, looks at me all weird asking what I'm laughing at this time!

:)
    It's getting less obvious but yesssssssss... I've got at least 3 (maybe 4 with my eye circles ) going on. It's a scary thing.

I tried to explain to him and he was like 'What's the big deal? LLook at me!' pointing out his skin... He is probably about 5 different colors now. LOL!

Silently I'm also thinking 'Yeh, but I'm supposed to be the cute one!'

He's just scared.. he thinks he married Kelly and is going to end up with Beyonce. Mwahaha!

I'm reassuring him that I'll be Michelle-like at most.

Oct 10, 2009, 01:17 AM

Eggo in your pictures honestly I couldn't even tell you were ever Kelly's complexion, you looked like you were naturally supposed to be Michelle's color. What is your natural color minus the melasma? Like the color were 99&#37; of your life?

Oct 10, 2009, 01:35 AM
    Eggo in your pictures honestly I couldnt even tell you were ever Kelly's complexion, you looked like you were naturally supposed to be Michelle's color. What is your natural color minus the melasma? Like the color were 99% of your life?

I think that my natural color is very close to Michelle's or Sanaa Lathan's. In my younger childhood photos I was caramel-peanut butterish. I grew up in an almost year round sunny area and my family was very outdoorsy so my color changed so much depending on my exposure... how many trips to the lake etc.

So one year my class pics I would be nut brown another year I'd be more chocolatey.

Once I got "grown" and started laying out I just lost track! Lol. I was close to my natural color for a brief time in the 90s when I was going for spa treatments regularly and using their products. Then it was back to sun worship and general neglect.

Also when I went to college, I'd lose my extra color in those long northern winters. I wasn't using anything, no bleaching, no sunscreen. I was telling Golden Girl in another thread that one of my friends from home accused me of bleaching.

Later, I'd also get darker when I had the babies. It's a been a roller coaster.:D

Oct 10, 2009, 01:36 AM

Sorry if I'm threadjacking GoldenBoy!

So, is Arbutin safer than HQ? Is it more or less effective than HQ? (off to search and Google)

Oct 10, 2009, 01:49 AM

Heheh no your welcome anytime, I Leggo my eggo! :)

Yes, "is a naturally occurring plant derived compound .. In comparative in vitro studies of various compounds used to improve the appearance of disorders of hyperpigmentation, arbutin was found to be less toxic than hydroquinone. A dose-dependent reduction in tyrosinase activity, as well as melanin content in melanocytes, was also demonstrated."
    Ultra Member

Oct 10, 2009, 02:14 AM
    Omg its like you read my mind! I was literally just pondering this as I got out the shower. MY question GOlden Girl is that if I do this, will I still have the same concentration of each active ingredient per use? Like if I start diluting the cream with another base lotion, will it be as effective? IF so why dont more people do this with 1 0z. tubes of great lightening creams?
    Good point. As the overall percentage increases, the &#37; of the active ingredients also decreases because they are being diluted. It still maybe effective to some extent, but I believe adding more than one tube to a larger concentration of lotion or crème would give better results. I'm no chemist but when formulating a lotion/creme the percentage is usually 100%, in some cases 50%. Water making up the highest percentage, % of active ingredients it all depends. Having around a 10-15% active ingredient would be quite effective, but this is all in theory to me as I have not tried this yet. But, am considering it as an option to lighten the whole body.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Does Godiva work? Licorice extract is 10x better than hydroquinone it says... [ 11 Answers ]

I always thought Godiva was just a scam but does it actually work? Over time? I don't mind if it takes awhile but does it work at all? Licorice extract looks promising for skin whitening but let me know!

How soon does hydroquinone work [ 30 Answers ]

Hey guys.. my doctor prescribed 4% hydroquinone for dark spots on my skin. Can someone tell me when I will start to see results? Or do I have to use a sunblock? I really want this to work. I have marks on my legs and arm. Or does anyone have any other suggestions for these marks on my skin. I am...

Hydroquinone [ 4 Answers ]

Please read the other topics I wrote, this one can you delete moderator, I start to write and sudenly just click the button, my fault :) Read my other topic:) Bye

0.5% or 1% hydroquinone? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I would like to know whether there are any bleaching creams that contain only 0.5% or 1% hydroquinone. Ive search but can't find any. :)

IS hydroquinone really that Bad? [ 3 Answers ]

I don't know about you guys but I'm really getting tired of searching for a skin lightning product that actually works, I mean I've probabley searched every where, read every forum and article about skin lightning, and I'venoticed that the products that people are saying really works are the one's...

View more questions Search