Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    purdue Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 3, 2009, 08:24 PM
    Limited knowledge of lyrics for a song with a catchy "hook"
    Hello!

There is a song I have heard a few times, but it always seems to be in the background at a restaurantt or at a department store... so I can barely make out the lyrics. But I really like the melody so I would really like to find out the name of the song and artist. Here is all I know, so if anyone can help, it would be HUGELY appreciated.

1) The artist kind of sounds like "Boy meets Girl", who sing that song "Waiting for a star to fall" or even Donna Lewis - "I Love You Always Forever" a little bit. I'd say the song is in that type of genre, though a little slower tempo than these two songs...

2) There are several parts of the song between the main lyrics, where the artists sing (very fluidly and lightly) the phrase "da da da dit dit dit dit dit dit...ah ah" - this is probably the best clue I have, because when they sing this part of the song, it defines the song. It's very harmonic and light on that phrase.

3) When I've heard the lyrics, all I can make out is something like "don't say it's over" or "just can't say goodbye".. again when I've heard the song it's been very hard to make out the lyrics, so I'm not certain of this.

4) It's a very "soft pop" song... maybe from 1990's? I think it might have even been in a movie.

5) The song is very earthy crunchy sounding, melodic, not heavy or fast as all... "earthy"

That's all I have, but I hope with those clues, someone can give me some direction! I've searched all the lyric sites with no luck - Thank You!
    Sylvanta Sybil Posts: 74, Reputation: 5

Oct 3, 2009, 09:54 PM

Do You Believe in Me - Eric Gadd

She was workin' everyday down the street
    Selling flowers
    Pretending she was blind
    So I said, "Won't you please believe me
    Instead of running 'round and
    Laughing all the time?"

She was five foot four and lonely
    As she walked into my room,
    "So this is where you stay"
    But when I tried to tell her
    About these lonely walls
    There was nothing
    I could say

Do you believe in me
    I'm yours you're mine
    And though you refuse to see
    I'll be behind

Anyday & anyway another rain had to come
    And it got to me as well, well, well
    When your losing what you came for
    In the first place it gets fogged
    Believe me, I can tell, I can tell

So I slip into my lonely room
    And saying to myself
    It doesn't matter if I fall
    But then I heard some noises at my door and far away
    There was somebody, somebody who shouted

Do you believe in me
    I'm yours, you're mine
    I'll be behind

Do you believe in me
    I'm yours, you're mine
    I'll be behind

Do you want to (?) (do you want today)
    I'll be hearing you someday say
    Do you want my love
    Do you want my love

(Saxophone interlude)

She was workin' everyday down the street
    Selling flowers
    Pretending she was blind
    So I said won't you please believe me
    Instead of running 'round and
    Laughing all the time
    (Somebody who shouted)

Do you believe in me
    I'm yours you're mine
    I'll be behind

Do you believe in me
    I'm yours you're mine
    I'll be behind

Do you believe in me
    I'm yours you're mine
    I'll be behind

--- is this it?
    purdue Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 4, 2009, 05:28 PM
    Thank you for the guess, but unfortunately that's not it. I just listened to the song you posted... the song I'm trying to find is much slower tempo than that, and more "enya" type sounding during the part "da da da dit dit dit dit dit dit...ah ah". I wish I could sing that part for the website, I think it would help greatly, because that's the key part of the song... I'll keep searching!!
    itsamor Posts: 196, Reputation: 12

Oct 4, 2009, 05:32 PM

Is it third eye blind? Lol

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Who sings the old 60's song with lyrics " has anybody here seen my old friend bobby?" [ 7 Answers ]

60's song What artist sings an old 60's song with lyrics " Has anybody here seen my old friend bobby?"

What song has these lyrics "I can hear your laughter when the wind is right"? [ 1 Answers ]

50s or 60s song title? Female choral group that recorded this? Lyrics are: I can hear the music Music in the night I can hear your laughter When the wind is right High on a hill If I stand very still I can hear you All through the night

Who sings the song with the lyrics "Only going to make you love me more"? [ 2 Answers ]

Does anyone know the Artist and Title of this song? A guy sings it and it's up beat and some of the lyrics are "Your only gonna make me love you more"?

Looking for song title lyrics are "In the morning I can see the sign no wonder I... " [ 7 Answers ]

I have been trying to figure out who this song is by and what it is called. It's a rock song sung by a guy and some of the lyrics are... "In the morning I can see the sign, no wonder I could never keep you satisfied" I know this song is older maybe a few years. If anyone has any ideas...

Name the song with lyrics "I love people born in the 80's" [ 3 Answers ]

Can anyone please help? :confused: This song is definitely current as it has been used on some TV link items - it is a male singer and the chorus keeps repeating "born in the eighties, the eighties"... The only other lyrics I caught when listening to the full track on the radio recently was...

View more questions Search