Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    stardust_x0 Posts: 28, Reputation: 1

Oct 3, 2009, 06:58 PM
    Info. On Physical Therapy?
    :confused:I'm so torn over what career path I want!

I know that I want something in health care because I love helping people, but I'm so torn right now.

I've been looking into Respiratory Therapy, Physical Therapy, and Social Work.

Last time I asked about Social Workers, but this time I was wondering if anyone could give me some background on Physical Therapy Assistant (A.A.S); pay, where they are employed, etc.

Thank you!
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 3, 2009, 07:10 PM

The Occupational Outlook Handbook is put out by the federal government every two years and is one of the best resources for job/career information:

Physical Therapist Assistants and Aides

http://www.bls.gov/oco/ocos080.htm (Physical Therapists)
    JasonCrw Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 7, 2012, 01:39 PM
    Physical therapist is a great job. You will be able to go from bachelors to masters, and if you choose to you can go for a doctorate degree in physical therapy. Each next level offers higher income opportunity. According to indeed.com average salary for physical therapy assistant is $51,000/ year, while with masters and doctorate degree average salary is $92,000 a year.
    There is also a variety of career opportunities. You can work for hospitals, private institutions or open your own practice.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Physical therapy using algebra2 [ 1 Answers ]

I am doing an extra credit assignment for algebra 2. We are supposed to write a paper on the algebra needed for the career path you want. It would be helpful if I could get some examples of formulas or anything else that could help me write this paper for being a physical therapist.

About Physical Therapy [ 6 Answers ]

I have went through P.T. a few times and still wonder as to why they even have this therapy for people when I believe that it doesn't work for about 75% of the time. I know that this is a question that is hard to prove that it works, but I for one feel that it does not work in to many cases... I...

Physical therapy [ 2 Answers ]

I am wondering if anyone could help me, my problem is that I went to see my doctor yesterday and she referred to se a physical therapist but she never gave me the refferal Slip to call them.. I would like to know what I should, can I make a appointment to see a therapist or should I wait?:)

Physical Therapy, Job [ 3 Answers ]

Im only 16, but when I get older, I want to do Physical Therapy. So I was wondering if there's any good tips for classes I should take in school, or good places to get a job that can help me out. Im a junior this year, and I've taken Biology, Chemistry, Anatomy, and next year Im taking Allied...

Physical therapy [ 1 Answers ]

In the massage therapy industry; do customers prefer to get massage from masseuses with large hands?

View more questions Search