Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nenalena Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 3, 2009, 06:25 PM
    Can the mother of her 20 yr old son make him sign over his parental rights?
    So I'm 4 months pregnant with my ex-boyfriends child. I'm am 22, he is 20. His mother blames me for the entire pregnancy, saying that I'm trying to ruin her sons life, trap him.. etc. She then goes on to say that she's making him have a paternity test done once the child's born and immediately having him sign his rights over and that he'll have nothing to do with the child, meanwhile she's claiming that he's so upset he cries... why cry if you believe its not yours? Smh.. I don't know how to deal with her when she calls and stresses me out with these horrible statements.. I juss want to know how and if he can go about signing over his rights when the paternity test proves to be positive and if I have any part in it?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 3, 2009, 06:31 PM

If you would read the links at the top of the subject area, or merely check the 1000's of questions already asked about this you would see

1. he can not just sign over his rights anway.

2. his mom can not make him do anything unless he wants to allow her to run his life.

3. you should tell her not to call you, change your phone number if you have to, or blcok her calls

And yes cry since he knows that 15 or more percent of his pay is gone for the child for the next 18 plus years.

So you file for custody and child support when the child is born, if he wants visits he can file for them, if he does not want to visit he does not have to
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Oct 3, 2009, 06:33 PM

The short answer is no she cant. As the sticky note at the top of this forum will direct you.. it is very hard to get a TPR ( termination of parental rights ) on a parent without an adoption in the wings.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I sign off my parental rights [ 1 Answers ]

How do I sign off on my parental rights, I understand I must still pay support but just want to sign them off anyhow to avoid further issues in the future

Trying to have my ex sign over his parental rights [ 3 Answers ]

I have been trying for some time now to get my ex to sign over his parental rights. He never sees my son, we have been in and out of court for child support until recently he quit his job to get a job under the table. He owes a couple thousand dollars in child support arrears and I told his fiancé...

What rights does a parent give when they sign over parental rights? [ 2 Answers ]

When I was 16 my mom signed over her parental rights, I am now 23 and have a kid. What rights to her grand kid does she have?

Ex says sign over parental rights or else! [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I am currently a single dad of a six year old boy. I met, and married a woman, and had a child with her. About 4 years ago, she took this child to Florida, (I live in Oregon) divorced me and I haven't seen him since. She immediately filed for child support at $500/mo,plus health,...

Can I sign off my parental rights [ 27 Answers ]

I have 2 kid that live in Washington state and I live in houston I want to sign off my rights can you do that or not I was told the only way was if my ex wife got married and the man wanted to adoped my 2 kids can anoy help me with this

View more questions Search