Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    marilyn-jean Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 3, 2009, 05:54 PM
    Do tankless water heaters really work well?
    I am thinking about installing a tankless hot water heater and am somewhat hesitant. I live in New Jersey, where it can really get cold. Does anyone have any experience with these heaters? Can more than 1 person take a shower at the same time?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 3, 2009, 06:02 PM

10 people can take a shower if you buy a unit that has enough gallon per minute water flow. And of course you have that much volume of water to start with.

Issues of water pressure, and volume all can effect the usage. The system is nothing new at all, it is the same principle that steam pressure washers have used for a decade or more.

And are you going to install a inside or outside unit , the type of unit, the water flow you have, and more all effects this
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Oct 4, 2009, 06:05 AM
    Are you asking information on a single fixture tankless or a whole house unit? While a tankless is more expensive to purchase they will pay for themselves over the long run. Cheers, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tankless water heaters worth it? [ 4 Answers ]

Greetings all. I'm wondering what your expert opinions are of tankless "on-demand" water heaters (for the whole house). I found some supposedly new ones on EBay for about $750 (natural gas) and would do the installation myself. But I've never lived in a house that had one, and wanted to know if...

Tankless Hot Water heaters [ 4 Answers ]

I am buying a home, it is a remodeled ranch home with the present hot water heater in the storage area by the carport. There is plenty of room and it currently has a natural gas tank unit. I have not measured the GPM but it appears to have good water flow. I am looking at it for the cost...

Tankless water heaters [ 1 Answers ]

Do you have to use a tempering valve on the hot water out of the tankless heater?

Have I Stumped You? (on-demand or tankless water heaters) [ 3 Answers ]

Hello All, So happy I found the Ask Me Help Desk! I referred to it several times when working on my weekend DIY project. My weekend project today was installing an on-demand heated showerhead. There's a unit that screws into the shower arm and a showerhead that screws into the unit. The unit...

Tankless water heaters [ 5 Answers ]

I was looking into tankless water heaters and wondering if it would be worth while to switch to one when its time to replace my standard hot water tank- has anyone installed one of these, and are they worth the extra money vs. a standard tank?

View more questions Search