Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    yaya100 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 3, 2009, 05:37 PM
    Washing machine timer dial cycle won't drain won't spinout
    I have a Kenmore Series 70 washing machine.

The machine will rinse but will not drain and spin out.
    It will not do this on any wash setting cycle.
    All hose are correct and no kinks in hoses.

All has been running great until now.

Why won't the machine advance to the drain and spin portion of the cycle after completing the rinse portion of the cycle?
    pokefan7790 Posts: 63, Reputation: 6

Oct 4, 2009, 08:26 AM

Could be the lid switch.
    yaya100 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 4, 2009, 09:48 AM

The lid switch works OK
    pokefan7790 Posts: 63, Reputation: 6

Oct 4, 2009, 02:55 PM

If this machine has a separate pump from the drive motor, it could be the pump. Pump inlet clogged or drain hose clogged.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to remove knob at timer on washing machine? [ 5 Answers ]

The knob that controls the cycle and machine operation has stopped working. It would push in but just spin and not move the dial to choose a cycle. After messing around with it long enough now it won't push or pull in/out. I can get a new timer mechanism but can't get the knob off to put the new...

Kenmore washing machine timer dial knob [ 1 Answers ]

This older model of Kenmore top loading washing machine has the type of dial that pulls out to select and push in to start. My dial will pull out to select, but not really engage. Will push in but does not start the machine! Help! Don't know where to begin.

Question about washing machine fill cycle [ 1 Answers ]

I have a question about how the washing machine works. When the washer is filling with water and someone in the house turns on a faucet, I see a big decrease in the flow of water into the washer. I know the cycles are on a timer, so does that mean that the water in the washer will be less when it...

Washing Machine will not finish cycle [ 1 Answers ]

I have an Inglis Citation washer (15 years or so) that stops midcycle. The 15 minute cycle stops at the 6 minute mark but the timer keeps counting down to the rinse cycle. The rinse cycle does kick in and spins to completion. I had the timer rebuilt but that was a waste of money. Any help would...

View more questions Search