Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mstanchi Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 3, 2009, 04:03 PM
    Broken Garage door opner sprocket
    I need a diagram of what it is supposed to look like or instructions on how to replace my broken garage door sprocket on a Moore O Matic XX 133 garager door opener, I saw some sprockets online for sale for 25 - 40 dollars, seems high for just a sprocket?
    jmjoseph Posts: 2,727, Reputation: 1244
    Ultra Member

Oct 3, 2009, 04:08 PM
    Is it plastic, or nylon? I had to replace the one in mine. I got it from the company that installed the door on our house. You should call around and see if you can get another one. It seems like mine was around $20 or so.

Oct 3, 2009, 04:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jmjoseph View Post
    Is it plastic, or nylon? I had to replace the one in mine. I got it from the company that installed the door on our house. You should call around and see if you can get another one. It seems like mine was around $20 or so.
    Its plastic , white and broken... :)
    jmjoseph Posts: 2,727, Reputation: 1244
    Ultra Member

Oct 3, 2009, 05:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mstanchi View Post
    its plastic , white and broken ...:)
    Yes, I thought so. I have no idea why they make these parts so cheap. Is there a sticker on your door naming the company that installed it? If so, call them and see if they have the part. That, or call the manufacturer.

Oct 3, 2009, 06:41 PM

I can get another one but Im niot sure how to replace the sprocket, does it snap on or what, I can't find onli8ne the diagram or manufacturer Moore O Matic XX 133 ; which is the opener I have... all I found was the sprocket in two pieces when I took the cover off, Im not sure how it goes on if I had a digram I would order one online and pay the 25 dollars for it... Rom 8:28... Job 42:15

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Old Genie Garage Door Opener - Gear and Sprocket [ 4 Answers ]

We have an old genie model SP99 garage door opener. The motor stills works, the plastic gear still turns but the door will not open or close without assistance. Could the chain sprocket 'slip' when the gear is turning? When giving assistance the chain does move down the track like normal to it's...

Broken garage door opener [ 2 Answers ]

My mother's garage door is not working properly. The door opens and closes with the wall button, but the remote only works from inside the garage. She bought a new remote and it still doesn't work. Can anyone please help me figure out what is wrong?

Garage door opener idler sprocket [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I have a Stanley Professional Model 7200, Serial # 084143, 1/3 Hp Garage Door Opener with a worn and damaged plastic idler chain sprocket.:mad: I have not been able to find a replacement.:confused: I am looking for the Plastic or metal Chain Sprocket that is about 2 ¼ inches in diameter,...

View more questions Search