Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    natalsskaa Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 3, 2009, 11:37 AM
    theft under 5000 as a minor
    so here's my dilemma,
    I am a 17 year old who has just been caught for theft under 5000 x2.
    I had a warning on my record previously for stealing gum from a grocery store. (loblaws)
    Considering I am a minor, does anyone know what the worst that can happen to me is? Will my record stay on after I turn 18? The police told me that my record will be cleared when I turn 18, meaning that I can get any job I apply for but that they will always be able to see my record. Will I be able to travel? I am terrified out of my mind
    Any info would help :)
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 3, 2009, 12:14 PM

Depends on what "record" the gum offense is on. They may or may not allow you a diversion program, this is why you most certainly need an attorney

Next it will make a difference, stealing 4500 dollars is a lot different than stealing 45 dollars, so the exact amount under is one factor also
    natalsskaa Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 3, 2009, 12:27 PM

The gum offense was just a warning, it wasn't a charge.
    I am getting a criminal lawyer but I haven't had the chance to talk all of this through with him yet.
    The amounts were probably around 400-500
    Randy23 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 4, 2009, 01:25 PM

That will not be on your adult record your slay is clean as of 18yrs old but they can look it up if they wanted to but that's only police can access that info job employers cant.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What are the consequences/charges for theft under 5000 as a minor? [ 2 Answers ]

I am a 17 year old who was just caught stealing from a big retail store. I am still considered to be a minor, but am scared that my "criminal record" will be seen forever. Does anyone know how this works, what the worst that can happen is or how I can get this charge pardoned?

Theft under $5000 as a minor from 7 years ago. [ 1 Answers ]

In February of 2002, I was caught with stealing from a large retail store. The police were subsequently called and my parents were issued with a notice to appear in court and a notice ordering me to be fingerprinted at the police station. I was only 12 at the time. In March of that year was my...

What might a charge be on a minor for theft? [ 2 Answers ]

If a minor is charged with theft and possession of narcotics for the first time, what might the charges be. I know it is usually up to the judge but is it possible it can only be community service time?

Theft by a minor, HELP [ 5 Answers ]

Im 17 and about a year ago I was working at Sheetz, the convience store. I was having money problems at the time and car problems. Another employee asked me if I wanted to make some extra money. I was excited and said yes. A couple days later he explained it to me how it worked. Basically when a...

View more questions Search