Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Richard Bennett Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 1, 2006, 09:51 AM
    Goodman GMS95
    Goodman GMS95 Furnace. New and sometimes does not turn on. It is a forced draft, condensing type unit. Trouble shooting light indicates bad pressure switch. Have replaced both pressure switches. When starting to remove top cover unit would start and run fine.
    What else could be keeping this unit from running if pressure switches are good?
    Nothing in the manual's trouble-shooting guide seems to be the problem.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Nov 1, 2006, 01:28 PM
    What did you mean ''starting to remove the top cover''? Does the unit go clear dead when it won't run? If so, it could be a misalined switch that should cut the power when you remove the cover. If the furnace will run with you holding the switch in, study how to make the cover hold it in.
    NorthernHeat Posts: 1,455, Reputation: 132
    Ultra Member

Nov 1, 2006, 03:23 PM
    Did the installers run a fresh air pipe to the outside? If so it may have a spider web or wasp nest in it. Since this furnace is sealed combustion if either flue or fresh air have any restrictions you will get a pressure switch failure code. I use a golf ball to clear then out. Check how the pipes are run and where the ball will exit at the furnace before you try it though. Also many times I see installers use to many elbows or to long a pipe or even the wrong size pipe on installs, it may work for 1 season then it's nothing but troubles. There is a table for the flue pipes inside the installers manual. Be sure to seal the flue again with silicone if you have to break it loose.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Goodman furnace problems [ 21 Answers ]

Hi - I have a Goodman GPM furnace. It works intermittently. I replaced breaker, thermostat, Control board and surface igniter. All appears well on start up sequence ; blower runs and igniter heats up and then turns off as no gas comes out. Control board codes says OK. Can anybody recommend what to...

Goodman furnace gmp [ 7 Answers ]

Ok. I can turn the thermostat to 72 and it will stay on 64 with the fan blowing constant. Burners aren't firing. On the control board for the furnace, there is a trouble shooting light that blinks to tell you what is wrong. It blinks four times which indicates an "Open Limit Switch", and it tells...

Goodman furnace [ 2 Answers ]

My Goodman furnace will light and then go out. This will occur 3 times, then will quit running. The control board blinks 1 time and tells me to Check Gas flow, gas pressure, gas valve, and flame sensor. It seems to have gas going to the valve. Could this be a bad gas valve? Or a bad Flame...

Goodman furnace [ 17 Answers ]

I have a goodman furnace. Forced air. No a/c. I turn the power on and she starts. Thermostat is off. No wires are crossed that are visible. The pilot does not ignite but the heating element is on. No gas seems to be coming through. Any suggestions? The furnace is only a year and a half old.

View more questions Search