Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    David G Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 3, 2009, 08:12 AM
    Setting timers for outdoor lighting
    Can someone explain how to set an outdoor timer for lighting to come on automatically by timer between 7-11 pm only. The timers are wheel type timers (non-digital). When I lift the timers I can set them to the a specific time, but when pushing the timer back in place and setting the time of day both inside and outside wheels spin together.

There is a small on/off switch at the top of the timer box, but when placing it in the on position, the lights stay on all the time. In off position, they are off all the time.
    medic-dan Posts: 321, Reputation: 23

Oct 3, 2009, 11:19 AM

What model timer is it?

There are a few variations. Some have red and black tabs that you slide to your desired on/off times. Red usually is for on.

Other styles have metal tabs with a setscrew. You move these to the desired times and tighten the screw to lock it in place.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Noma out door timers with P C and E digital timers that do they mean for setting [ 4 Answers ]

Noma outdoor timers with P C and E digital timer programming what do they mean for setting

Outdoor lighting [ 2 Answers ]

I just had new vinyl siding placed on my house. Where the outside lights had been, they placed vinyl master mounts. There were no junction boxes previously, so the wires just stick out of the small opening on the master mounts. Should I use 4" round pvc boxes before mounting my new lights? ...

Outdoor timers [ 1 Answers ]

Houw to you set outdoor christmas lighting timers?

Stanley outdoor 3 outlet timers [ 2 Answers ]

Can I get instructions for setting the stanley 3 outlet outdoor timer - item #58465. I have lost the instruction manual. Yhanks, Bonnie Mallon

Outdoor Spa and lighting [ 1 Answers ]

Dear all, Happy holiday's I have two 40amps in the main box that feeding the AC Unit. I would like to know if its possible and code pass in new Jersey, Piscataway. To tap into that conduit at a junction point and extend the required wires in a conduit 30-40 feet to a Spa 50/AMPS @ 240...

View more questions Search