Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tafoote17 Posts: 23, Reputation: 3

Nov 1, 2006, 08:21 AM
    Humidity
    I am wondering where I should have my humidifier in my home. Should it be by a cold air return or farther away, or by the thermostat? Does it even matter as long as I keep it running?
    NorthernHeat Posts: 1,455, Reputation: 132
    Ultra Member

Nov 1, 2006, 03:35 PM
    Near a cold air return is good so you can get the humidity moved all around the house. The thermostat won't sense humidity and there is no reason at all to place it by the 'stat.
    larkblack Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 5, 2006, 06:32 AM
    I have just installed an Aprilaire 700 Humidifier. I seems to work in the "test or reset mode" but that's all. I found the 24 volt transformer, as well as all the other thermostat wires. Some of the thermostat wires have voltage and some don't . This is depending on what the gas furnace is doing when it is running or starting to run. Anyhow I used the 24 volt power straight off the transformer so it's hot all the time. The instructions refer to the FURNACE ACCESSORY TERMINALS not sure where this is at. The transformer has terminals on it. 120volt on one side and 24volt on the other. Can somebody please help?? Thank you, Larry

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Humidity causing damage to drywall ceiling? [ 2 Answers ]

My wife and I live in NC and have been having a problem with the discoloration and some slight hairline cracking on the ceiling of our garage. During the summer it is extremely humid in the garage and I have noticed there are a couple of long thin strips on the celing that are slightly discolored...

Tips on controlling hair in humidity ? / frizz [ 1 Answers ]

My hair was "good" when I lived in NY years ago, but now since I've lived in FL, give it a few minutes in the humidity and my perfectly styled hair gets frizzy, especially on the sides. I feel like bozo if I'm outside too long. I've tried so many products, but without spending $$ on tiny little...

Humidity and Oil Heating [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, We have oil heating and our windows are always fogged up with a good amount of condensation when the heater is on. We are now starting to see red mold forming on the bottom of the window panes. The normal winter humidity level in the house is usually around 65%. Is that too high? Is...

View more questions Search