Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    evar8871 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 2, 2009, 02:37 PM
    Does my landlord have a right to insult and be rude to a tenent?
    My landlord is incredibly rude when she explains things to me. For example, I had garage sale stuff on my porch, and she gave me a warning to clean it up. I did. Months later, another tenent left trash and clothing all over the yard and parking area, she said we were "all pigs trying to make the place a ghetto, and she should just evict us." I am wondering if she is allowed to say such things.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Oct 4, 2009, 08:51 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by evar8871 View Post
    I am wondering if she is allowed to say such things.
    Hello evar:

She IS. You're free to move.

excon
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 4, 2009, 08:56 AM

Being rude is not illegal (thank god! ;) ). There may be instances where the rudeness might cross the line to harassment or defamation. But I don't see that so far.

I would be looking for a new place when the lease expires.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tenent Rights - Landlord breaking lease [ 9 Answers ]

Hi, I'm a renter from Minnesota. I'm a student so I'm also pretty poor. I live in a splitlevel apartment in which my landlord lives above me. He's selling his house and is giving us one month to move out, because the new landlords want to turn our level into a daycare facility. We have a...

Tenent right [ 2 Answers ]

I live in the bronx my landlord lives upstairs. I paid my rent on the first every month. I told her that I might be moving. I paid November rent and on the 21 of November I inform her that I was moving out the first week of November today is the 4th and she still telling me that I still have to pay...

Tenent bills landlord for costs [ 3 Answers ]

I was living out of my home for over four months waiting for my landlord to have the house cleaned of all concrete dust that was there from replacing under the slab plumbing,also a unsafe stove was promised to be replaced.both these problems were promised to be done in writing by my landlords...

Tenent verses landlord [ 1 Answers ]

First I aske one thing, What is the correct amount a landlord is able to raise rent? What amout at a tim or year? He pays for nothing, we pay eletric, heat, water/sewer cooling. I can't even get him to put in storm windows as I only have single pane 40 year old windows. I am paying a large...

What rights do tenent/landlord have in share-rental situation [ 5 Answers ]

Situation: Landlord owns a 3 bedroom townhome. Landlord has entered into 3 separate rental agreements, with 3 different tenants, each of whom rent one of the bedrooms with shared access to remaining common areas (kitchen, living room, garage, etc). Landlord has stated that when one or more of...

View more questions Search