Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    taoplr Posts: 415, Reputation: 144

Oct 2, 2009, 12:53 PM
    FileMaker Pro field label change
    Hi,

I'm trying to change the text associated with a calculation field (;ct) that was set up by somebody else. This is the text that appears on the printed document, but that doesn't show in Layout mode. I can't find the path to access of this text, and Help is no help. It must be something simple, but it's not obvious to me.

I'm on an iMac running OS 10.5.8,FileMaker 7.

Thanks,

Tao
    KDMaker Posts: 13, Reputation: 3

Jan 31, 2010, 05:27 PM

It is possible to set any item on a layout to not print. A trick I have used is to put a block of white over a label, and set the block to not print. That lets the label print, but not be visible on the screen. In layout mode, click where the text appears, and if it selects something, move it. Edit the text, and move it back if you want, or delete it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

No Label, what are we then? [ 11 Answers ]

I started seeing this guy at the beginning of January. He has been a friend for about 6 months and used to come and hang out with me and my ex. He also used to work with my ex. I am fresh out of the relationship with my ex, but me and this guy have been seeing each other regularly (3-4 times at...

Single label printing settings change on deployed application [ 1 Answers ]

I wrote an application on MS Access 2007 which contains many report functions, such as printed reports, label sheet reports, text files, etc, and they all work just fine from my developing machine, and for the most part the deployed applications have no problems except when it comes time to send a...

Serial Number Label [ 5 Answers ]

I am trying to create a Serial Number program in Excel. I have the template designed and it is a 1 page document. I would like to type in the starting serial number and click File - Print and change the quantity to the number of serial numbers that I need. As each page prints I need the serial...

View more questions Search