Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    msfudd Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 1, 2009, 06:31 PM
    Bank account garnishment
    I have a judgment against me for a credit card bill. I am unemployed, no income,and am shown on a checking account with my husband and adult child. My husband's pension is direct deposited to that account. Can it be garnished for my debt?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Oct 2, 2009, 07:01 AM

Have the direct deposit cancelled and the payment mailed to your home address. Anything in your joint bank account is fair game.

Tick
    DisabledinMD Posts: 68, Reputation: 0

Oct 4, 2009, 09:08 PM

You don't have to answer this, as it may or may not be relevant, but why is your adult child sharing a joint account with you and your husband? Just wondering if there is a disability involved, which could be very relevant, as far as garnishment.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wage garnishment or bank account garnishment? [ 3 Answers ]

Hello. Where do I start? I was looking up my name in my local county court records because I'm paying off a debt of 800 plus interest that I do NOT owe. I saw that a judgement was entered for 10x that amount for a voluntary repo on a lease vehicle back in August of 2002. Luckily, I was in the...

Garnishment of bank account [ 4 Answers ]

I just found out that my bank accounts in New York have been garnished due to a judgment from Va dating from 1997. I contacted the lawyer representing the apt. complex where I resided in 1994. (the bank gave me the information) he forwarded a copy of a summons that was served in 1997 to an old...

Garnishment on Bank Account [ 5 Answers ]

My boyfriend checked is checking account and found an amount that had been deducted from his checking account. Turns out it is a garnishment. The garnishment is for a car that he had a loan on that had been totaled in an accident. He said that he knew that there insurance had paid for the car. ...

Bank Account Garnishment [ 2 Answers ]

I live in Michigan. Can a Credit Card Company garnish a Christmas Fund Account? Thanks in advance for any answers, Veronica

View more questions Search