Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rroberoi Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 14, 2004, 09:30 AM
    Mature Dog not eating
    :-[

My 13 year old dog has stopped eating. It has been 15 days... I have been taking him to the vet and he has been getting 1 bottle of glucose.

He was throwing up a lot and there was blood in his motion 8 days back. He got vaccination and that problem is OK. But still no food!!

Does this mean... that he is dying? Is this normal...

Please help.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Jun 14, 2004, 01:34 PM
    Re: Mature Dog not eating
    This sounds bad. If your dog is one of the larger breeds or a mix, it may be dying. They are shorter lived. Those of us that love large dogs, pay the price.

Your vet should be the one with the answers. I would hope that the vet is not running up the bill and giving you false hope if the dog doesn't have a chance.

Younger dogs take notions and do not eat for several days, but I think a mature dog that goes 15 days without eating has a serious medical problem. That doesn't mean there is no chance of it being cured and having several more good years. Again, the vet must answer that. Too often I see questions on the net where I think the vet needed to tell the owner more. The owners may need to be more aggressive about asking question. Unfortunately in cases like this, about all I can do is be sympathetic.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Spiritually Mature? [ 22 Answers ]

To be "spiritually mature" is to be a Christian who applies the word of God to all aspects of his life and displays the fruitage of the spirit as described in the Bible which he receives because he loves goodness and sincerely wishes to please his creator. This criterion if followed would be...

Dog Not Eating [ 7 Answers ]

I have a 10 month old Cavalier King Charles Spaniel, he is a picky eater, we feed him chicken with veggies and white rice. He is spoiled and given table scraps sometimes. Lately he has refused even the table food and only eats some when he is hand fed, then walks away. However, he has energy and...

Dog not eating [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 1year old English Mastiff I got him about a week ago and he has not touched his food.He keeps on eating grass he only had one bowl movement.He does like to eat some of our food but stopped eating that to Please Help.

View more questions Search