Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rocki Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 1, 2009, 11:20 AM
    A B1 visa holder marrying a green card holder in us
    I already had a B1 visa... after that I got married in pakistan when my husband came frm us... then I fly to us as a tourist.. n got the court marriage done here in us... so how can I stay with my husband... in us should I change the status of my visa... or my husband could apply for a spouse visa... what is the way to stay with my husband?? Hel me
    DCcityboy Posts: 648, Reputation: 27

Oct 2, 2009, 10:15 AM

You were married to a US citizen and you used the B visa (most likely the B-2, not the B-1--check your I-94) for entry to the US as a tourist, and after entry you had a second marriage ceremony.

You should complete your visit in the US, and return to your home country to apply for the K-3 visa. Your husband should file the I-130, then using the receipt notice, file for the K-3 approval notice from USCIS. With that approval, you file for the visa at your home consulate. You enter the US as the K-3 spouse of a USC, and then file the AOS.
    kalinka1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 15, 2010, 07:33 PM
    Hi,
    I have a question.
    April 2009 I got marryed with my husband in USA- he is green card holder.I got here with B1 viza in feb 2009, and my I-94 exprired may 9 2009. So I`m illigal right now and my viza will be expired in 19.01.2010.
    My question is -is there any chanse to do something to become ligal again.
    We apply -130 form but as we heard it will take aprocsimatly 5 years.Please tell me is there any options to get some ather type of viza?
    Thank you so much!
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

Jan 16, 2010, 12:50 AM

No... once you are out of status, you cannot change to any other status. Wait until your husband become USC or I-130 is approved... then have experienced immigration attorney take care of your case.

Note to all readers... if you can't afford an attorney, do not overstay your visa.
    sanki Posts: 1, Reputation: 0

Jun 19, 2010, 04:16 PM
    My husband in in USA on B1 visa, I'm from india. How can join with my husband.should I need to apply tourist visa, can my husband sponsor me for tourist visa
    Umer123 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 19, 2011, 07:17 PM
    I am going to marry in pakistan I got green card what is the easy way how she come here what I should I do.
    NYcityboy Posts: 785, Reputation: 65

Oct 20, 2011, 06:48 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Umer123 View Post
    I am going to marry in pakistan i got green card what is the easy way how she come here what i should i do.
    You'll get a response if you post a question, separately, and not a response to a 2 year old thread.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

J1 visa and marriage with a green card holder [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am a j1 visa holder and I have the 2 year requirement to waive. My question is : if I waive the two years requirement, can I marry my green card holder fiancé and get a green card from him ? My second question is : if I cannot waive the two years, can I write a petition for...

Status after marrying a green card holder [ 3 Answers ]

I am currently in F-1 status but applying for 2010 H1B visa (Waiting for decision). I plan to marry a green card holder by early next year. Once married and applied for green card, do I HAVE TO remain in F-1 status or H1B status until I get final decision about my green card? Or can I become...

I'm green card holder do I need german visa [ 1 Answers ]

I am green card holder and my husband is US military and he station in germany do I need visa to go there in germany?

Can L1B visa holder get Green Card. [ 1 Answers ]

Hi , I am on L1B visa.My employer does not do Green card. Is there any way I can apply for Green card. If I leave my current employer , can other employer apply it for me ? Thanks Mit

View more questions Search