Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Lucy1991 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 1, 2009, 09:50 AM
    Is is too late to become a professional dancer?
    I just turned 18 and Im VERY interested in dancing, Im looking for places to take classes and stuff, but Iwant to know is it too late to get into a professional career?
    havekitten Posts: 8, Reputation: 2

Oct 1, 2009, 11:27 AM

Not if you have natural talent. Break a leg.
    :)
    desertstar36 Posts: 46, Reputation: 10

Oct 2, 2009, 08:13 AM

It helps to start at a young age, but I think if you find a good place to study you are still go to go!(yes natural talent helps too)
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Oct 2, 2009, 10:41 AM
    Hi, Lucy1991!

What type or types of dance would you like to do, please? Depending on the type(s) of dancing that you want to do, there may be more or less competition for jobs.

Thanks!
    Hobbes_the_Cat Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Oct 13, 2009, 03:56 PM

Hey Lucy, I think you can, Age doesn't matter, looks don't either, it just matters with your talent! Look at Madonna LOL!
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Oct 13, 2009, 09:46 PM
    I do hope that Lucy1991 returns to this thread to respond to the answers that have been given!
    Angelapreston Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 1, 2009, 09:56 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by havekitten View Post
    Not if you have natural talent. Break a leg.
    :)
    Go after your dreams
    Angelapreston Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 1, 2009, 09:56 AM

The younger you start the better experience you will have
    puppydoggie Posts: 32, Reputation: 3

Jan 25, 2010, 07:10 AM

I am a dancer, I would say that yes you are to old, but depending on how good you are you could still try if you have the right leads. You need to run everyday, do advanced ballet classes everyday, commercial classes everyday, you also need to take up acting and singing to survive. This industry it is harsh. You can go for audition be the bast dancer in the room but if you don't look right you won't get the job. Also I doesn't pay very well so you need to already have money put away for times when you have no work.
    You now need to reasurch good college-private college for example laine theatre arts, stella mann, performers college, arts ed... take a look at these, this is where dancers train to get into the industry, you will pay £30 to audition and will need a dance, a song and a monologue. If they like you they will except you-it will cost on average £10,000 per year but if you are the best you will have this paid for you.
    Alternativly you can just go 4 audition straight away but all the professional will be at the same auditions as you so it could be a little scary.
    Sorry I'm being so vague- if you want more help reply and ill answer anything you want to know.
    Agents, your look etc...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

I want to be a dancer, but , I don't know where to start [ 13 Answers ]

Hey, I'm new on here, I'm 18 and I have a passion for dancing. I do hiphop, but I'm also caucasian.I want to go big with my dancing, when I dance, everything else disappears. If you have any suggestions on hepling me become a professional dancer, I would really appreciate it!:)

I want to be a dancer [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, my name is Justine Hunter and I want to become a dancer for hip hop! I love it every day I will go on and look up dance movers I am 11 year young I know I am young but you will be surprised how I dance

I want to be a dancer [ 3 Answers ]

How do I start to be a dancer if I'm in secondary school

To be a Exotic Dancer. [ 17 Answers ]

I was just wondering what's it like to be a Exotic Dancer? I use to think about doing it but I guess I'm scared. :confused:

View more questions Search