Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    snippy07 Posts: 84, Reputation: 6

Sep 30, 2009, 06:59 PM
    Does this girl like me?
    We've been working together for a while, but we were both in another relationship. We never really talked much just casual talk here and there about stuff. She and her boyfriend broke up and then my girlfriend and I broke up afterwards. It was kind of ironic. She and I have talked and she used to discuss how her boyfriend treats her kind of like crap and I told her how I treated my girlfriend and she thought I was so sweet.

So I asked her out on a date and she said she would love too. I bought her flowers, opened the car door took her to the beach and dinner and ice cream. She invited me into her place afterwards and I stayed for a hour. Afterwards we hugged she said she had a good time I said I did too. She said we should do something the next day. So I text her the next day asking if she still wants to hang out or go to dinner or something and she said she had plans with her friends. Well all this was about a week ago and we still haven't gone out since she always says she has plans. Well tomorrow we are supposed to go out to the movies as long as she doesn't cancel.

She used to text me a lot, now she doesn't really. But sometimes she texts me good morning when she has to go to school and I'm still in bed and she knows that. She said "Good morning sunshine" but she only did it yesterday. Now she only texts me when I text her.

She also said I'm very sweet and I'm the only guy who has ever bought her flowers.

She also talks to my good friend whose a girl, so they talk about girl stuff like boys.. And my friend said the girl was saying she likes another guy too and is trying to decide between us. This other guy is shorter than her and only thinks about sex too...

Is she still interested in me? Because I can't tell she mixes to many confusing signals for me.
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

Sep 30, 2009, 09:00 PM
    Story starts on page 5 of this thread:
    https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/relati...-365867-5.html

Just keep talking to her and getting to know her. However, by giving her flowers, you've indirectly told her that you're interested in her and she's aware of that.

You've done your part by asking her out to hang out. So now let's see if she reciprocates. Just go with the flow. You don't need to over-analyze all the little details. If she's interested, you will give you hints. If she only sees you as a friend, you will notice that she will keep her distance.

The ball is on her side of the court, let her make the moves so that you find out her interest level.
    snippy07 Posts: 84, Reputation: 6

Oct 1, 2009, 10:52 AM

So should I stop texting her to see if she tries to talk to me and to see if she wants to hang out?
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

Oct 1, 2009, 11:00 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by snippy07 View Post
    So should I stop texting her to see if she tries to talk to me and to see if she wants to hang out?
    It depends what type of girl she is:

1) You could back away and see if she contacts you. If she's the outgoing type, then she would contact you if she wanted to see you.

2) If she's the shy type. Then if you ignored her and waited for her to contact you, she will think that you lost interest.

I suggest a compromise. Don't contact her for a few days to see if she contacts you. If she doesn't, then you can try to contact her, ask her to hang out and go from there.
    troy70 Posts: 66, Reputation: 14

Oct 1, 2009, 11:01 AM

I'd say so. You have arrangements to go to the movies you said? Leave it at that, if she cancels you know what she's up to... Don't seem desperate. Keep your cool and just have a good time.

If it doesn't work out don't be discouraged. Plenty of lovely ladies out there and you seem like a gentlemen. Your true colors will shine through even if she chooses the "just into sex" guy.

Good luck to you!
    adam_89 Posts: 1,866, Reputation: 280
    Ultra Member

Oct 1, 2009, 11:05 AM

I know the world may be changing a lot and texting is the new thing but sometimes a phone call is good. I myself think it shows more interest then just sending a text.
    Riot Posts: 130, Reputation: 29

Oct 2, 2009, 01:15 AM

I understand completely about 'she only texts me when I text her' thing... goodness me is that annoying.

If she sends morning messages then that's usually a good sign however. If you give time to stop textn her and wait for her to text you then that is also a good option but it is a double edged blade...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I like this girl but she has a girlfriend how do I get her to leave her girl? [ 11 Answers ]

There is this girl, I really like her lot and she likes me to but yet she is n a relationship with a girl and has been for 17 months! Me and her have this connection more than friends like she will come over and we will cuddle and kiss and stuff bt nothing major. We have tlkd about hooking up but...

I'm a girl and I like my best friend.who's a girl [ 18 Answers ]

Hi... I know there's lots of issues surrounding bisexual people and everything but I like girls and guys. I can't help it it's who I am. I have a boyfriend and everything between me and him are awesome, he gave me a promise ring and everything. But I'm attracted to my boyfriend... tia. She's...

The girl of my dreams turn into the girl of my nightmare [ 6 Answers ]

We where going out for 5 years and it was great the first 2 years. We seen each other everyday and we love every minute of it. Then her mom found we were going out and try to make it bad for both of us. Then her mom put her in jail for stealing a key chain and running away from home when her mom...

Girl felx time to have sex look how long you make the rudeboi to sweat,girl flex [ 1 Answers ]

What's the name of the song that goes to this lyrics,girl flex time to have sex look how long you make the rude boy sweat girl flex

I'm a girl, I kissed a girl, I didn't like it. Should I tell my boyfriend? [ 10 Answers ]

Me and my boyfriend are 19.. he's not a partier but sometimes I can be. I used to party and drink every other weekend before we started going out but I stopped when I started dating him because he didn't really like it unless he was around. Plus he doesn't want me doing anything that's bad for me...

View more questions Search