Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    meecy12 Posts: 133, Reputation: 2

Sep 30, 2009, 06:16 PM
    How to major in biblotherapy
    I recently discovered biblotherapy, and think I would love to have it as a career. But I'm confused on which way to direct my education. Is there a specific major for that? Do I get a degree in english and psychology?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 30, 2009, 06:28 PM

I have a B.A. in Elementary Education with a major in English and then 20 years later got an M.S. in Counseling Psychology. I took a couple of grad courses in how to use the arts -- painting, sculpture, music, dance -- and literature as therapy techniques.

That might be a wise way for you to go, with Counseling or Clinical Psych as your umbrella degree. That would allow you to branch out and practice any way you want to -- as a independent contractor, in a group practice, as a school counselor, in geriatrics, in a hospital setting, etc.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My major [ 5 Answers ]

What classes would I have to take in order to major in forensic investigation ? Any one know...

Major What ? [ 4 Answers ]

I need to know the title of an old movie that puts an aging war hero in charge of a military academy. Thank you

Bio major [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I'm having trouble with this question. What are three pieces of information which can be obtained about a protein by comparing its primary structure with that of other proteins?

I need major help! [ 2 Answers ]

I have a big problem at school. OK, there is this guy and he has a girlfriend. At the beginning og November he was flirting with me. But I didn't know that he had a girlfriend. So, one of my friends say that he said that I went to talk to him saying that to break up with his girl friend. Which I...

View more questions Search