Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    k9kreations Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 30, 2009, 05:09 PM
    Valve leaking propane
    Is a White Rodgers 36G54-214 gas valve supposed to leak at the regulator vent? It is a very small leak, barely found by leak detector, but it is still there. I just want to know if I need to replace it, or is it supposed to be there?
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Sep 30, 2009, 05:12 PM

Propane appliances should never leak anywhere. Shut off the propane to the appliance and have this immediately repaired. Also, be sure to air out your home and DO NOT use any flame until your home is properly ventilated thoroughly.
    dac122 Posts: 463, Reputation: 17

Oct 1, 2009, 12:25 PM

No replace it yesterday. Remember propane can be dangerous because it ignites easily and because it is heavier than air, it does not dissipate quickly, and leaks can collect in invisible, highly flammable pools.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Leaking Compression Valve [ 1 Answers ]

I am remodeling my bathroom. I quickly realized that I do not have any means to shut off the water to the faucet (other than the main line to the house) unless I install a shut-off valve under the sink. In the process of doing this, I carefully removed the old 90 degree bend, cleaned the...

Blowtorch sound when gas valve opens.Intertherm propane furnace. [ 1 Answers ]

I have an Intertherm model MGHA-056AAFC-05 propane furnace with pilot light in a park model trailer.Its 12 years old and used sparingly.Almost since day one it will intermittantly fire up with a blow torch sound and when the blower motor cuts in... the flame will go out and it will shut down. I...

Leaking gate valve [ 6 Answers ]

I have an 11/4" brass gate valve on the outlet of our boiler that is leaking on the top. Not out of the stuffing box, but just below out of a seam. What are the chances that there is some sort of sealant that I can put on there to stop the drip? Thanks in advance for your help! Bill

Leaking valve [ 2 Answers ]

I have a leaking valve under my bathroom seak. Is there an easy way to fix it without turning off the outside water?

View more questions Search