Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ballandchain Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 30, 2009, 04:25 PM
    Parent responsible for a 16yr old crime and cost?
    My 16 year old started my girlfriends car on fire that started mine on fire and part of my house. Insurance covered less then have of the damage leaving me about $10,000 short to fix my house. Now I'm getting $5-8,000. A month bills from the state because the court put her in a state home and not jail. I have sole custody- and now $60,000 in debt because of her. I make less then 30 a year and the X owes over 50K in childsuport. I don't know how long I can take this. What should I Do?
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Sep 30, 2009, 04:39 PM

Wait---you want to know what you should do about the daughter that was out of control enough that she started your girlfriend's car on fire?

Or you want to know what to do about the fact that the state wants you to pay for YOUR offspring, instead of making the taxpayers do it?

Get a lawyer, go back to court, and get the back child support. And get your daughter some counseling--preferably the kind that you go to as well.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Should I have to pay Travel cost for the non custodial parent to visit our daughter? [ 7 Answers ]

:(Hi, the father of my child and I have never been married. Soon after I found out I was pregnant with the baby he moved to Orlando, Fl, and I remained here in Miami, Fl. Well to try and sum up everything we are no longer together really never were in a relationship, and I have taken care of the...

Calgary, AB - Is landlord responsible to pay out DD-Or Is ex-roommate responsible [ 18 Answers ]

Calgary, AB I have just recently moved out of a house I was living in with a couple roommates. I am having troubles getting my damage deposite back. I need to know if it is the responsibility of the landlord to pay me out, or if it is up to my roommates to pay me my portion? Will I...

Need definition of natural crime and legal crime [ 1 Answers ]

Am doing a college paper on Natural Crime and Legal Crime and am searching for simple definitions or other research on these two types of crime and what falls under each. Thanks:)

Natural crime and legal crime [ 2 Answers ]

It appears I am up and have the same class now. I need a little assitance in getting a paper for the topic of natural crime and legal crime. Can some one help a brother out?

Natural Crime and Legal crime [ 2 Answers ]

What is the contrast between these two? What may be considered wrong in its self or wrong because its prohibited by law

View more questions Search