Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dfwguy62 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 31, 2006, 06:58 PM
    Moen faucet diverter
    I have a 12 year old Moen single lever faucet in my kitchen. About one week ago, it started showing signs of a problem. When I turn it on after it hasn't been used for an hour or two, the water pressure is very low, almost none. If I turn it on and off a few times, then the pressure gets better. Finally, it will reach full pressure and stay that way for as long as I use it in that session. But after an hour or two of inactivity again, it returns to this low pressure. There is a sprayer with the sink and it does not really have any problems.

I'm not good at these things, but I did manage to read about Moen cartridge replacements and actually went through the process of replacing the entire cartridge (model 1225) with a new one. I was pleased with myself. But an hour later, the problem was still there.

It is not an aerator issue. I have removed it entirely and still see the problem.

I've read on various boards (and have even been advised) to clean the diverter. The problem is that I can't figure out how to get to it. Everyone says remove the faucet spout and there it is. Well, I can't seem to remove my faucet spout. It seems very firmly attached. How far do you need to tear it down? Does the 1225 cartridge need to come back out first? What abouit the thing that the cartridge sits in? Do all Moen faucets come apart in this manner?

Any ideas? I am selling the house and close next week. I don't really want to invest in a whole new faucet
    Sager Posts: 31, Reputation: 4

Nov 2, 2006, 12:11 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by dfwguy62
    I have a 12 year old Moen single lever faucet in my kitchen. About one week ago, it started showing signs of a problem. When I turn it on after it hasn't been used for an hour or two, the water pressure is very low, almost none. If I turn it on and off a few times, then the pressure gets better. Finally, it will reach full pressure and stay that way for as long as I use it in that session. But after an hour or two of inactivity again, it returns to this low pressure. There is a sprayer with the sink and it does not really have any problems.

I'm not good at these things, but I did manage to read about Moen cartridge replacements and actually went thru the process of replacing the entire cartridge (model 1225) with a new one. I was pleased with myself. But an hour later, the problem was still there.

It is not an aerator issue. I have removed it entirely and still see the problem.

I've read on various boards (and have even been advised) to clean the diverter. The problem is that I can't figure out how to get to it. Everyone says remove the faucet spout and there it is. Well, I can't seem to remove my faucet spout. It seems very firmly attached. how far do you need to tear it down? Does the 1225 cartridge need to come back out first? what abouit the thing that the cartridge sits in? Do all Moen faucets come apart in this manner?

Any ideas? I am selling the house and close next week. I don't really want to invest in a whole new faucet
    Go to this web site:
    http://www.moen.com/shared/pdf/instr...ts/INS744D.pdf
    It will pull up a pictorial detailed instruction sheet regarding your model 1225,
    Good Luck.
    Sager Posts: 31, Reputation: 4

Nov 2, 2006, 12:13 PM
    Go to http://www.moen.com/shared/pdf/instr...ts/INS744D.pdf for
    Detailed instuctions for model number 1225

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Moen: water always coming from shower head when faucet is on. [ 10 Answers ]

Hi, I just installed a moen l82839 shower/tub assembly. The problem I am having is that when I turn on the water, just to the tub, water comes from the shower head. The knob that turns on the shower head on the faucet is down, noting is leaking otherwise. I don't know what's wrong. Its like there...

Moen Single knob tub faucet [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, Even when the knob is pushed all the way in, I have a slow drip coming from the lower spout (not the shower head). The normal knob operation is as follows: Pull for on, push to shut off, turn left for hot, turn right for cold. I removed the knob, then the circular brass plate, but I can't...

Moen Faucet [ 3 Answers ]

Hi Tom I found the site and registered but I still need my son to reduce the size of the pictures so I can attach them. He took the photo-editing software off my computer. I'll get back to you shortly. Thanks. Mark Ingham

Diverter valve for Moen faucet [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I need to replace the diverter valve (1225) on the kitchen faucet. Do I need to remove the entire faucet to do this? If so how do I do this? Thanks

Moen Faucet problems [ 3 Answers ]

The Moen faucet in my shower comes away from the wall when the shower is turned to hot and water is diverted through the shower head. How do I fix this problem?

View more questions Search