Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    skelley Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 30, 2009, 12:21 PM
    How do I measure inches of water column ?
    How do I measure inches of water column in a exhaust for a reflow oven ?
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Sep 30, 2009, 05:47 PM

Do you mean static pressure?

The first two links give you the procedure:

Google

Here is a particular probe and an optional "surge damper" device

http://www.dwyer-inst.com/PDF_files/...ensors_cat.pdf

In a round duct what you will find is that usually near the center the flow is more laminar, stable and near a maximum. Near the edges, you get more of a turbulent flow.

You need to be at least a duct diameter away from say the exit and another duct diameter before it hits the fan.

If your going to be doing this as part of a routine inspection consider installing ports and use a differential pressure sensor.

W.C. is yet another unit like PSI

Example: Digital Manometer, Dual Input -TPI 621 - Mfg# 621

A differential manometer may be more useful. For single ended use, leave one port open to atmosphere.

Dwyer Engineering is a major manufacturer of air velocity and pressure equipment.

I hope I helped.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What is a water column [ 10 Answers ]

My question is actually two questions in one. I believe that in my studies in school I learned that a water column is a stand of water in a pipe to a certain height. If the pipe ended at the bottom of a tank then the water column would extend up through the water in the tank to the water level but...

Water Column/ natural gas [ 2 Answers ]

How do you determine the water column on a natural gas meter using a digital manometer?

2 inches difference in water depth in one area? [ 5 Answers ]

I just puchased a pool from walmart. 24x24 with steel polls but with 20 gauge liner, my question is we put about 3 to 4 inches of water in the pool last night and this morning I noticed that there is about 2 inches more on one side is that going to make the pool cave in when there is more water put...

View more questions Search