Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tinamartin Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 30, 2009, 04:08 AM
    How do I import data in SQL Server Management Studio Express 2005 from MS Access 200
    Hi
    In my ASP.Net project I am using SQL Server Management Studio Express. I have to import some data from some tables which are stored in MS Access 2000. I couldn't find out Import/Export options in SQL Server Management Studio Express.

Please help me

Regards
    Tina
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 30, 2009, 05:10 AM

First, Management Studio is a front end for managing data in SQL Server Express. So the database you are using is SQL Server Express.

Second, SQL Server Express is distributed by Microsoft as a free tool for developing and testing apps designed for SQL Server. So I'm assuming this ASP project is a school assignment. Otherwise it would be illegal to use SQL Server Express as a back end to a WEB site.

Third, the easiest way to get the data from Access to SQL Server is to create a ODBC DSN to your SQL Server database and then link the tables you want the data in within your Access database. Once you do that you can use Append queries within Access to get the data from the Access tables into the SQL Server tables.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Collect data into 2 combo boxes from data in an access table [ 1 Answers ]

I have two combo boxes. When the form loads the db connection opens a recordset that selects all the data from the retaillocations table. When you choose the region (0-4), that number loads into a text box and the Contacts load into the forst combo box. Now I want to select only the Name based on...

Can't import outlook express 5 from external drive [ 2 Answers ]

a win xp node was backed up to an ext. usb drive and the user got a new laptop which runs vista. the orig outlook express is 5.x. I'm trying to bring in at least the address book but hopefully the whole acct into a fully updated win xp which has outlook express 6.x. I'll attempt to bring it into...

How do I import data in SQL Server Management Studio Express 2005 [ 2 Answers ]

I am still a bit of a noob with SQL, but, when I use Enterprise Manager with my SQL 2000 server at the office, it is pretty simple to import data from pretty much any data source. I have not been able to locate the Transform facility in the 2005 express software that I downloaded onto my home PC...

How do I import old Outlook Express files onto new Vista Computer [ 2 Answers ]

I have a new computer and would like to import old email files and my address book from Outlook Express onto Microsoft Email. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks, Jean

View more questions Search