crigby Posts: 4,343, Reputation: 107
    Outdoor Power Equipment Expert

Jul 13, 2009, 07:59 AM
    STX 38 Yellow Deck
    Hi,
    Hope this helps:
    Peace,
    Clarke
    PS The spring is not there; it goes from the hole on that black piece in the center to the hook on that arm on the right. The arm rotates to tension the primary belt.
    Attached Images

Jul 13, 2009, 05:26 PM

Hi,
    You must remove the primary. Flip the lever behind the discharge around the relieve tension on the spring and belt. I grab the belt and pull on it to finish the job. Ease it off the clutch and top shaeve of the double stack.
    For the secondary remove the three bolts holding the cover on the left side. Take a short length of lightweight rope looped and release the spring where it hooks behind the right front tire. Route the secondary belt as shown making sure that it is in all sheaves as shown. The belt goes beneath the spring and I use light hand tension on the spring as I check that everything is where it goes. Then with your loop of rope, rehook the spring. That is the great thing about the rope; it is flexible and you can release one end and remove it by pulling the other.
    Now put the prinary back on. Put it on the top sheave of the double stack first and then the PTO (clutch) and rotate your arm there at the discharge back around to tension. You are done!
    Note: While each piece is nconnected to anything else; i.e. no belts on, spin each to be sure that they are "free" just to make sure that is not whaut caused the problem.
    Peace,
    Clarke
    johndearluvr Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 28, 2009, 12:30 PM

I just wanted to thank you for the picture of the yellow deck, I had looked everywhere and you saved my lawn. We had a John Deere dealer but he went under with the economy. Thanks again Tom

Sep 28, 2009, 01:01 PM

Hi,
    So did the one I used to work for, with a bit of bad business decisions to exacerbate the situation.
    Peace,
    Clarke
    PS Check the "Sticky" for my site of pictures

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Changing belt on wizard 14 hp 42 in cut craftsman deck replacing linkage on deck [ 1 Answers ]

How do I replace linkage rods on mower deck on a wizard 14 hp 42 in. craftman deck.

Mower deck belt routing John Deere 420 - 50inch deck [ 3 Answers ]

Hi - I am looking for help on the routing for deck belt for John Deere 420 with 50 inch deck. Any help would be appreciated. [email protected] Thank you ! Steve

I need to replace my deck belt on my troybilt 17hr. 42' deck belt diagram [ 4 Answers ]

I need to replace my deck belt on troybilt 17hr. 42' riding lawnmover. Be nice to have a diagram

Deck top. We have a covered deck, planning on expanding deck, a 2x4 crossed cover [ 1 Answers ]

help!! We are planning on expanding our original deck with an open 2x4 crossed cover... do you have pictures or construction help?? Thanks

Deck tables, tributary load, and beam size for deck [ 4 Answers ]

I am confused with "deck tables" from different sources, specifically concerning beam size for a deck. I am planning a basic deck as shown: 9677 Sources that describe the "tributary load" and "tributary length" would allow me to use as little as (1) 2x6 for the "front beam" (tributary...

View more questions Search