Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    majroz Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 28, 2009, 08:28 PM
    Hot surface does not ignite and shows very low voltage
    I have a Goodman GPM100-4 and the HSI does not glow. I smell has and inducer works fine. The board has a solid line (no blinking). I checked the voltage to the HSI and it is very low (5-10 Volts). Once the ignitor worked after not working for few days, but stopped working again. Thanks for your help.
    dac122 Posts: 463, Reputation: 17

Sep 29, 2009, 05:25 AM

That voltage is too low. It should be 120VAC. Start checking voltages elsewhere such as to the board, line and load of your transformer.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Halogen - line voltage (120v) or low voltage (12v) [ 5 Answers ]

Hi. I am renovating the kitchen and plan to install small halogen MR16 ceiling pot lights. Contrast and Lightolier have been recommended. At least, the Contrast line is available with either line or low voltage feeds. These questions come up as the plan calls for 9x35w MR16 (ceiling pot...

Track lights: low voltage vs line voltage.comsume the same electricity in the end? [ 11 Answers ]

Hi! I just installed a section of track light in my living room just to see what it would look like and so far I'm not convinced... you see, I had a regular celing lamp with a 75w incandescent bulb and the room was very well lit... now with the track light I find that I need 3 fixtures with halogen...

Low voltage or line voltage? [ 3 Answers ]

I have electric ceiling heat. How can I tell whether my thermostats are low voltage (24 volt) or line voltage (120 or 240 volt)?

Difference between supply voltage and input voltage? [ 2 Answers ]

Consider a Common Emitter amplier circuit, there'll be two inputs present in which one is applied at the base of the transistor and other at collector I want to know 1)what is difference between that two voltages ? 2)need to use both in the same circuit? ...

View more questions Search