Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mrsamberdawn Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 28, 2009, 07:12 PM
    80's fantasy/adventure film?
    I am looking for an 80's fantasy film/possibly TV series. I don't have much to go on, but here we go: It's a fantasy/adventure film with possibly two children as main characters that go to another world (a fantasy world) with a witch that wants to throw them in this white tunnel thing. There are these amazing people in butterfly costumes. I remember watching Dark Crystal around the same time that I watched this movie, but it's not the Dark Crystal. If you have any ideas please let me know. I'm sorry this is so vague.
    Quinn F Posts: 6,048, Reputation: 913
    Movies Expert

Sep 28, 2009, 07:37 PM

Sounds like The Great Land of Small (1987)
    mrsamberdawn Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 28, 2009, 08:07 PM

I think that may be it. I am so excited now. I have been looking for this movie for years. My husband even thought I could have dreamed it up lol. Thank you so much! *I found two trailers on the web. I saw the butterfly people in one and in the other they showed the rainbow that I remember. I just have to get it and make sure now. Thanks so much!
    Quinn F Posts: 6,048, Reputation: 913
    Movies Expert

Sep 28, 2009, 08:17 PM

You're very welcome, hope it's the right one :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fragments of a fantasy/adventure movie from the 80's or 90's [ 2 Answers ]

I remember this person sitting on a swing outside and being quite bored and then all of a sudden the person finds this gem thing with a string attached to it lying on the ground and it turns into this big chase between this witch-type lady riding a horse and going after this person. Anyone have...

Trying to find adventure film late 80's I think [ 1 Answers ]

I've been trying to remember this film I seen when I was a kid which was about 2 boys who were on a school trip, they took off and went on a raft I think to a little island where there meet a convict maybe two. And they have to try and escape from them. That's all I remember. Can anyone help?

An adventure,fantasy movie form the late 70's or early 80's [ 1 Answers ]

All I can remember is that the hero had a bow with a with a large red stone in the grip and that a Phonix would drop feathers from its tail which would turn into arrows when he ran out. I know its not much to go on but can someone tell me what the title is?

80's Fantasy film [ 6 Answers ]

HELP! Ive been racking my brains for ages but can't find this film. All I can remember is a warrior type dude in the forest searching for a ring of power (I think) & he finds this small hut inhabited by dwarf type people. He's inside & they give him this special drink which they get from a small...

HBO fantasy film from the 80's [ 3 Answers ]

I'd love to know the name of this film: I used to watch it as a kid, so it would have been in the mid- or late- 80's. I don't know if it was a made-for-HBO movie, or just one of the films they'd show over and over again, but it seemed to be set in medieval times -- there was a labyrnthian,...

View more questions Search