Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Sep 28, 2009, 04:10 PM
    Anyone Have Pressure Cooker Receipes?
    Does anyone have any good pressure cooker receipes that are for desserts or for meats such as chicken or beef?

I just got a wonderful electric pressure cooker and I'm not too impressed with the receipes that came with the appliance. :D

I've made cheesecake in it and that came out wonderful.

I just don't want my entire cooking desserts to be just cheesecake though...

Or pot roast and chicken soup...
    Just Looking Posts: 1,610, Reputation: 480
    Ultra Member

Sep 28, 2009, 04:19 PM
    This is one of my favorites:

Beef Bourguignon

Ingredients
    1 1/2 lbs lean boneless beef chuck roast, cut into 1 inch pieces
    4 medium carrots, peeled and cut into chunks
    2 2/3 cups fresh mushrooms, halved (8 ounces)
    3/4 cup onion, cut into wedges
    2 garlic cloves, minced
    1 bay leaf
    3/4 teaspoon salt
    1/2 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
    1/4 teaspoon black pepper
    2/3 cup beef broth or beef stock
    2/3 cup dry red wine
    2 tablespoons tomato paste
    2 tablespoons flour
    1/4 cup water
    6 cups hot cooked egg noodles (12 oz uncooked)

Directions
    1. In a 4 or 6 quart pressure cooker, combine beef, carrots, mushrooms, onion, garlic, bay leaf, salt, thyme, black pepper, beef broth or beef stock, wine and tomato paste.
    2. Place seal in the pressure cooker lid and lock the lid in place. Place pressure regulator on vent pipe and bring to pressure over high heat. Reduce heat just enough to maintain pressure so the pressure regulator rocks gently. Cook for 12 minutes.
    3. Remove cooker from heat and allow pressure to come down naturally. Once pressure is down, remove pressure regulator from lid. (Be careful - it will be hot!) Unlock lid and carefully remove it.
    4. Remove the bay leaf and discard. In a small bowl stir together flour and 1/4 cup water till well combined. Add this mixture to cooker. Replace cooker over medium to medium high heat (but do not replace lid), and cook until stew is thickened and bubbly, stirring frequently. Once stew begins to thicken, continue cooking for 1 minute more.
    5. Remove cooker from heat.
    6. Serve stew over egg noodles.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Sep 28, 2009, 04:58 PM

Only one problem I can forsee with this receipe is now I'll have an almost full bottle of wine that I just have to drink or it will go bad... :D
    Just Looking Posts: 1,610, Reputation: 480
    Ultra Member

Sep 28, 2009, 05:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by twinkiedooter View Post
    Only one problem I can forsee with this receipe is now I'll have an almost full bottle of wine that I just have to drink or it will go bad.....:D
    Haha. The wine would go well with the dinner. :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Canning pressure cooker vs hot water bath [ 4 Answers ]

Is there any reason why you can't use the pressure cooker vs the Hot water bath for canning fruits and jams

What is pressure cooker [ 8 Answers ]

How does a pressure cooker work ? Explain why the time to cook something is so much shorter

Canning using a pressure cooker [ 1 Answers ]

I am canning carrots with a pressure cooker. I used quarts and have some left over so I want to use pints. The pressure cooker booklet says it holds max of 10 pint jars. Can I do say 4 at a time? That's about all I have left would be. Would this change the time or pressure?

Canning fresh veg with pressure cooker [ 1 Answers ]

Hepl please i bought a pressure cooker and in their manual it list how to cook all foods but not how long to pressure cook can foods. I want to can fresh string beans and there is no time table on any fresh vegtables to be canned my pressure cooker is 15 psi. could someone help me on this. My...

Pressure cooker use/manual [ 1 Answers ]

I have a brand new pressure cooker. It has the pressure rocker, a safety valve, a safety lock and It does not seem to build up pressure. I see steam comes from the safety lock. Where is the user manual? No idea. Can someone help me find where I can get a user manual, or tell me what's wrong with...

View more questions Search