Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mzja Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 31, 2006, 11:03 AM
    Judgement on credit report
    I won a judgement in NYC and would like to know how I go about placing it on the persons credit report. I've heard that it's called a fieri facias.

Thanks
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Oct 31, 2006, 11:08 AM
    Fieri Facias does not relate to what you're talking about. See here.

Generally speaking, individuals cannot put entries on a credit report. Good to know, though, is that most Credit Reporting Agencies get judgment information fromt the courts and add it to the public records section of people's credit reports.

You might consider placing the judgment with a local attorney who does collections. He could then place it on the persons credit report as a collection and also might be able to help you collect it... but unless he can uncover an asset of the person to attach, like a bank account or wage, then the best you'd get out of it is the entry on the credit bureau.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 31, 2006, 11:36 AM
    If the person is going to stiff you after you obtained a judgement do you really think they care about their credit score?

As Rick noted the courts report such judgements to the credit bureaus. So it probably will reach them. You can check with the court clerk to see if they do and whether it was done.

But that's not likely to get you your money. As noted in similar threads, getting the judgement is not even hald the battle. The real battle is getting paid. You now have to find some attachable assets and use the judgement to attach them.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What is a judgement by a credit card [ 5 Answers ]

What does it mean when a credit card company has a judgement against you?

Credit card judgement [ 20 Answers ]

I have a few judgements against me from past due credit cards and I am trying to sell my house In NY and make a fresh start. I have every intention of paying these judgements after I get settled in my new area. I am concered that the judgements may bite me in the... when it comes time to close on...

Judgement on Credit Report [ 3 Answers ]

I had a problem with my landlord a few years back. The check I wrote him bounced, and he pressed charges. I ending up having to pay fines, which I paid on time, and was told that it all would be taken off my record. I think it was called "ARD." My questions is: Why is the total amount of the...

Credit Card Judgement [ 6 Answers ]

What is a credit card judgement and what are my rights?

Credit card judgement [ 1 Answers ]

I have 2 credit card judgements against me and have recently filed for bankruptcy-do I need to file a motion to vacate these judgements or is it automatic with the discharge?

View more questions Search