Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    karmalucas Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Sep 28, 2009, 12:48 PM
    Wanting to move to Northern New Mexico or Southern Colorado.
    My girlfriend and I are wanting to move our two children out of Texas.
    We have narrowed the state search down to Northern New Mexico, or Southern Colorado.
    However, neither of us have ever been to either location.

Could anyone tell me anything about those areas, that I cannot find out online myself?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Sep 28, 2009, 01:01 PM

Hello k:

I'm not sure what you're looking for. Southern Colorado has a lot of prisons, and Northern New Mexico has a lot of skiing.

Both are beautiful. No big city's. Till you get to Alberque to the South or Denver to the North.

Tell me what you're looking for.

excon

Sep 28, 2009, 01:05 PM
    Thanks for your reply.
    Right now we are looking into Durango, CO and Santa Fe, NM.

Prisons don't really bother us, we lived in Huntsille, TX for a few years. But thanks for the heads up.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 28, 2009, 01:07 PM

I've been to southern CO several times. The southeastern part is flat and Great Plains-ish, there are the Great Sand Dunes near Alamosa where mountains begin, the south-central part is mountainous, and the southwestern part becomes desert. I liked Durango and Pagosa Springs, but that was some years ago. Northern NM is mostly desert and red rocks and mountains.

My husband goes out there and to Utah twice a year. His dream is to move to Grand Junction, CO.

Why are you thinking of those two areas? Where are you now?

Sep 28, 2009, 01:17 PM
    We're in the Houston area.
    She likes Santa Fe, and I like Durango :)
    I was actually trying for Flagstaff, AZ but she has an ex there and we are really
    Trying to move somewhere that neither of us know anyone. Fresh start 100%
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Sep 28, 2009, 01:26 PM

Hello again, K:

Durango and Santa Fe are about the same size but they're much different towns. Durango is a cowboy town, whereas Santa Fe is a very sophisticated, wealthy and snooty town full of big city transplants. It's got a GREAT artist community, and some of the best Mexican food in the world.

But, I'd pick Durango, unless you can fit in with Santa Fe society.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Great northern oil(colorado) [ 3 Answers ]

How can I find information about an old company(1925)?Curious about old stock certificates.It was a Colorado corporation"Great Northern Oil Inc."

Wanting to move out at 18 [ 6 Answers ]

Ok so I am 17 now and I will be 18 on Dec 1st I live in Texas and I want to move out on a Friday because I am turning 18 on a Tuesday and I was going to finsh school and take myself out of school that Friday and move to Florida and stay with my boyfriend and go to high school up there. But my mom...

Wanting to move to UK [ 1 Answers ]

Am from UK but family moved away when I was 11. Looking to go back. I am in the process of finishing my bachelor of health and physical education and was wondering if anyone knew any helpful hints or websites that contain a checklist on moving out of the country! Thanks.

View more questions Search