Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rgnjoanne Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Sep 28, 2009, 10:50 AM
    Something sat on my bed at night
    Few nights ago while falling asleep I actually felt my bed go down as if someone sat on it and a few moments later I felt it rise up again. Other things have gone on and I am wondering why this is going on. Please help
    Sylvanta Sybil Posts: 74, Reputation: 5

Sep 29, 2009, 01:35 AM

You may have some kind of guide, it happened to me too, in fact "It" hugged me and tried to pull me off the bed. Good thing I was able to fight it off.

Maybe you should see a psychic?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Sep 29, 2009, 02:31 AM
    Hi, rgnjoanne!

What other things have happened to you concerning something which you might think is from the paranormal, please?

Thanks!

Sep 29, 2009, 05:27 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clough View Post
    Hi, rgnjoanne!

What other things have happened to you concerning something which you might think is from the paranormal, please?

Thanks!
    I am staying with cousin at her place. She told me she had the place "cleaned Out" before and that she knew something was here. She also had priest come and bless house. I sometimes feel something is looking at me. I really would like to know why it came to me if its her place. Thanks
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Sep 29, 2009, 05:36 AM

Are you certain it wasn't just a form of hypnagogia? This can be more common if you're sleeping in a strange bed.

Sep 29, 2009, 05:39 AM

I am sleeping in my own bed at cousins
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Sep 29, 2009, 06:01 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by rgnjoanne View Post
    I am sleeping in my own bed at cousins
    OK, but, are you certain it wasn't hypnagogia? These kinds of things are quite common, physiologically.

Sep 29, 2009, 06:40 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Capuchin View Post
    OK, but, are you certain it wasn't hypnagogia? These kinds of things are quite common, physiologically.
    No, I am sure
    allenpgrooms Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 3, 2009, 01:21 PM
    I had a similar experience. I was sleeping (on my front with arms crossed under my head). Then I felt a presence. I did not move I was terrified. Then I felt the bed move as if someone was sitting right next to me. The bed actually shifted. I froze. I did not move at all. In my mind it felt like if I looked up... it would be over. Then the weight lifted and I felt the presence leave. Then, what felt like minutes later, I looked and nothing was there. Of course I did not g back to sleep that night. This happened in AUG08.
    Silverfoxkit Posts: 798, Reputation: 264

Nov 3, 2009, 01:34 PM

I also had something close to that happen a long time ago. I felt what felt like a cat jump on my bed, but we didn't own any pets at the time. This happened every night for nearly two weeks and every time I would roll and tap on the touch lamp and make up logical reasons for it. One night I decided that it was stupid and I didn't move or turn on the light when I felt the jerk on the bed. A few seconds later I felt what felt like a cat walk up my leg.
    The next day I told my mom about it, being sure that she would say I was just being paranoid and stupid, which I agreed with slightly. But when I started to talk she stopped me and asked if the jerk felt like a cat jumping on the bed. I hesitantly told her yes. Then she asked me if it walked over my leg and which leg. It turns out that had been happening to her for months. I've been much less skeptical since then.

Nov 3, 2009, 02:44 PM
    Well in my experience it felt like someone sat down on the side of the bed. Like they were sitting next to me, looking down on me. But it was not a good feeling. The fear I felt was worse than anything I have ever encountered. The fear was like a weight that I felt leave the room, don't know if that helps describe it.

Nov 3, 2009, 02:49 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by rgnjoanne View Post
    Few nights ago while falling asleep I actually felt my bed go down as if someone sat on it and a few moments later I felt it rise up again. Other things have gone on and I am wondering why this is going on. Please help
    I had a similar experience. I was sleeping (on my front with arms crossed under my head). Then I felt a presence. I did not move I was terrified. Then I felt the bed move as if someone was sitting right next to me. The bed actually shifted. I froze. I did not move at all. In my mind it felt like if I looked up... it would be over. Then the weight lifted and I felt the presence leave. Then, what felt like minutes later, I looked and nothing was there. Of course I did not g back to sleep that night. This happened in AUG08.

Well in my experience it felt like someone sat down on the side of the bed. Like they were sitting next to me, looking down on me. But it was not a good feeling. The fear I felt was worse than anything I have ever encountered. The fear was like a weight that I felt leave the room, don't know if that helps describe it.
    wvcharmed1 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 9, 2009, 06:14 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxkit View Post
    I also had something close to that happen a long time ago. I felt what felt like a cat jump on my bed, but we didn't own any pets at the time. This happened every night for nearly two weeks and every time I would roll and tap on the touch lamp and make up logical reasons for it. One night I decided that it was stupid and I didn't move or turn on the light when I felt the jerk on the bed. A few seconds later I felt what felt like a cat walk up my leg.
    The next day I told my mom about it, being sure that she would say I was just being paranoid and stupid, which I agreed with slightly. But when I started to talk she stopped me and asked if the jerk felt like a cat jumping on the bed. I hesitantly told her yes. Then she asked me if it walked over my leg and which leg. It turns out that had been happening to her for months. I've been much less skeptical since then.
    I have to say Im a little weirded out right now... Ive had the same thing happen. I woke up to what I thought was the cat jumping on me and walking up my leg. Then I realized quite suddenly that I no longer had a house cat. I was so scared! I finally unfroze enough to turn on the lamp... only to find my bed empty.
    maldo4088 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 18, 2011, 07:40 AM
    Ever since I was little and lived in the island of Puerto Rico, my family has experienced and has been a part of the supernatural. In a time when my dad used to come home from work late at night and I was just a baby, my mom, grandmother, and even grandfather, while babysitting me, used to hear doors opening and closing, foot steps, see dark shadows pass by as quick as the blink of an eye... my mom still tells me stories of similar events when she felt a presence in the room then come sit next to her and even put pressure on her chest and body, unable to move. One night the situation got so intense for her that, she ran to my room, grabbed a hold of me and ran out of the house. When she got to a pay phone she called grandfather to come pick us up. They did not got back to the house until morning. (I was maybe about 1yr old)

Other situations happened to me with doll, puppets, and other toys later on until I was about 11.

My family has always been involved, one way or another, with church. We have a very spiritual family with God centric believes. We have family members in the missionary field; my mom and dad are church planters, and my wife and I are youth pastors... so, with all this being said, my point is, this can and will happen (to some scale) to any, if not every, person. (not claiming that we are perfect but, stating the fact that, like a lot of other families out there, there is a higher sense of spirituality and belief for this kind of stuff)

The thing with this is, whether people choose to believe or not, this exists. If people are going to believe in all things good.. then they have to believe in the bad and,without going to far off subject:
    If this is happening to you, if you are experiencing things that YOU KNOW CANNOT BE EXPLAINED, then you have to evaluate your life. Take a moment from reading this and think: What is it with me? Why am I being followed and troubled by this "negative energy" ( don't want to freak you out and call it a demon)? Am I doing something wrong, something that is not pleasing, something that goes completely against the norms, the morals, and maybe goes against your family, culture, believes, or even yourself? Trust me, YOU KNOW exactly what is bringing this near you. God, yes, God has given you and me the ability to know whether something is good or if it is immoral, impure, insane, bad for your health, etc. But sometimes we choose not to listen. And that's why things happen. Because of disobedience. It's time to stop justifying our wrong deeds as if they were good and start listening to what He has tried to say for thousands of years guys.

Last night, before going to bed, I used the computer to look for tattoos. I have a new born son and I was looking for ideas, nothing wrong with that, right? But, between all the pics. That Google provided, there were pics. not just of tattooed arms and legs but, also, naked women with tattoos. And, although, that was not what I was looking for, I found myself looking AT them. There were a lot of thoughts,and when I finally was able to click the 'X' button on the top right corner, I went upstairs... forgot about God... I remembered the tattoos...

Later on this night, our new born could not get comfortable on me while feeding and, woke my wife up.. To make the story short, we had a short disagreement and she took him downstairs with her. Now, I'm sleeping by myself and, about an hour later ( 5am-ish), something sat on the bed. It was something heavy. It touched my hair but I didn't pay it any mind because the fan was blowing when, I felt a squeeze. It kept getting tighter and tighter and, when I semi-opened my eyes I saw the bed as if floating on it... quickly and without hesitation, I realized what was going on and began to pray. "God you are in control. In the name of your son, Jesus, Satan HAS to leave!" Then slowly I was placed back on the bed (or it felt that way) and the pressure faded. As I was laying in bed thinking about it, I realized my wrong. I forgot about Him. The world is forgetting about Him.

I don't know why this really happened last night. Specially when I know people who have done far worse things than me and they can sleep perfectly fine ( or it seems that way ). Maybe it is the same case with you. But, regardless of the WHY, it happened. Maybe, I needed to write this today.. Maybe, this was planned in order to reach you, even though, I don't know you. But, the one thing that I know and can suggest people WHEN THIS HAPPENS is : Think of the HOW.

How can I separate myself from this?
    How can I do something about it instead of asking why? The why will only lead you to more why's. No one can understand the mind of God. Otherwise, He wouldn't be God.
    How can I learn to change in order to drive it away from me?

How can I remember God when things happen? Specially stuff like this...
    The bible tells -"For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms." Ephesians 6:12
    But it also tells us -"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life."

Just remember that God loves you. Next time this demon wants to make you fear and is troubling your house you tell him who you are. Tell him "God is in control for I am His child because I have believed in His Son and He has come to my rescue." And, don't be afraid to tell him "In the name of Jesus, you HAVE to leave this house". And, trust me, they HAVE to leave.

I hope this was helpful for you who will take the time to read this because I do understand your pain.. your fear. I asked earlier to ask yourself "What is it with me?". Well, God wants you today and Satan does not like that. God has been trying to reach you but, for some reason you haven't let Him in.. Don't let this opportunity pass from you and take your time to evaluate. There's NOTHING to loose but MUCH to gain, whoever you are!

God is the only one who can get those demons out and away from you. Don't trust in and magic, witchcraft, or any ritual, which you KNOW are completely ridiculous! Trust in Him today, SAY THE WORDS, and tell Him how you feel. Trust me, you want to trust HIM! He will come to your aid and quick.

Visit this video in Youtube to start: http://youtu.be/1ZOOisccC9E

This song is called Move by MercyME
    Write back!
    charlie19 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 31, 2012, 07:06 PM
    Wow! I searched this site because this is the 3rd time this has happened to me. I actually sit up thinking it is one of my daughters sitting on the edge of the bed but no one is there. Then, right before I wake up I feel the bed rise as if someone has left.

To set the stage - I believe in nothing paranormal - I am as grounded as an oak! So, this is real and I have had numerous other things that make me question my reality.

Hope someone can add to this.
    hauntinghelper Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 290
    Paranormal and Spiritual Interests

May 31, 2012, 07:30 PM
    Don't question your reality... only your presumptions. You are now being forced to rethink your ideas of what can and cannot happen. Most people who experience a spiritual encounter aren't looking for it. If you'd like to discuss your situation specifically, feel free to begin your own question/thread.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Up at Night? [ 4 Answers ]

Is it normal for my 9wk old puppy to cry at night when she needs to go out to potty? She has cut back from two times a night to 1, but my husband is fussing saying a "dog"( that's what he calls Abigail when he is upset) should be able to hold it all night. I don't expect her to until she is older....

Had sex last night. [ 12 Answers ]

My husband and I had sex last night. Well, actually oral sex and like a half an hour later he wants to have sex. BUT... he couldn't get it completely hard and could not for the life of him. Is this normal?

She had them last night! [ 2 Answers ]

My cat just had 3 beautiful kittens last night I was so excited it was a wondeful experience. Now what should I do to keep thme as comfortable as possible. She was shaking a lot was it cause she was cold??

Day and Night [ 2 Answers ]

Help, I just bought a home in July 2006, the home is built 1976. It has a 3 ton Say and night unit, I had it serviced in September for the cold weather. The Tech found a 2" X 8" crack in the heat exchange. I have home warranty but they refuse to fix it. HSA would not recommend them to anyone. I...

View more questions Search