Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kimmy_jacob Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Nov 10, 2006, 10:43 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by lolitta
    He has beaten me up four times since then, the last being 3 weeks ago and has also cheated on me again in the course of it all. Generally, he is a real nice person and i guess he is just sort of frustrated with the whole sexual problems. .
    First of all... generally he is not a nice person if he treats you like this... It is NEVER OK to beat a women, and you saying that it is because he is frustrated with the whole sexual problems is only making excuses for him...

I suggest that you leave him, but seeing as this has been going on for years, I don't see that happening... maybe try getting in touch with a abuse hotline, or looking into shelters where you can go?

I don't have much more to say , other then get out! Get out before his physical abuse/emotional abuse gets worse...

Good luck
    samsclub Posts: 32, Reputation: 5

Nov 10, 2006, 07:31 PM
    If you do leave 1. make sure you take the children with you to a safe place, if you leave them with him you will be charged with abandoment 2. if you plan to divorce the next time he beats you call the police and get a report= it will more than likely get you sole custody- I did not file a report and my attorney told me at the time I could not claim he beat me it would just be "hear say". If I had a report as proof, it would have gone along way in divorce court. 3. if you do not leave and he beats you and some how CPS gets involved they might charge you with being an unfit mother because you did not take them out of an abusive environment and that you were not capable of making a good judgement to leave and save the children.

I know it is hard when a man cheats. It is even harder to try to have sex with him when he is being so gross with other women. If you do leave make sure you take some extra cash with you and take the kids.
    Little Mama Posts: 4, Reputation: 2

Nov 11, 2006, 12:30 AM
    First of all I agree with all these postings. You need to value yourself and your kids. I know at times, at night mostly, when I feel hurt with something that has happened between my husband and I... I will ponder the door and think "what the hell is keeping me here"... and I remember that it's my kids. I don't need to leave because my husband will listen to me when the dust settles. He is not abusing me.

My sister went through a similar situation as you with one child in the picture. It took her a while to leave but with enough support and a moment where she was beaten so bad we thought she was in serious condition... she left. Never looked back.

You need to listen to your dying soul. Your husband is stirring the dust and watching you squirm. He is not a man... a man is to protect and cherish his wife (there is this type of man out there). He is not respecting you or you little ones. You have reason to leave... big time. Protect you kid's eyes, ears, hearts and souls. And don't forget you... I am proud of you and I know you can be strong.

If it makes you feel better... (certainly not to preach) the bible clearly says that a man and woman should stay married forever... thick and thin etc... UNLESS one is sleeping around and being unfaithful. So release yourself... apparently if God thinks it's okay then who are you fooling or trying to please?? Please don't allow yourself to get beaten up to the point of no return... love yourself, you are a princess.

I would suggest having a plan to leave to a place that is safe... you never know what may happen if he gets really really angry if he knows you are threatening to leave and he sees some steps finally coming to fruition. This was the time my sister was hurt the worst. Get lots of support and back up support. You can do it, you are made woman, and we women are strong! Don't stand in our way, we are resourceful and clever and we can do anything.
    Little Mama Posts: 4, Reputation: 2

Nov 11, 2006, 12:35 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by samsclub
    If you do leave 1. make sure you take the children with you to a safe place, if you leave them with him you will be charged with abandoment 2. if you plan to divorce the next time he beats you call the police and get a report= it will more than likely get you sole custody- I did not file a report and my attorney told me at the time I could not claim he beat me it would just be "hear say". If I had a report as proof, it would of gone along way in divorce court. 3. if you do not leave and he beats you and some how CPS gets involved they might charge you with being an unfit mother because you did not take them out of an abusive environment and that you were not capable of making a good judgement to leave and save the children.

I know it is hard when a man cheats. It is even harder to try to have sex with him when he is being so gross with other women. If you do leave make sure you take some extra cash with you and take the kids.

Do all these things... lots of wisdom here!! My sister did not get full custody.
    Reatha Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 5, 2006, 02:59 PM
    You can't get anywhere looking over your shoulder Go and have agood life w/o this man!
    BIM Posts: 245, Reputation: 50

Dec 5, 2006, 03:15 PM
    Yes you need to leave this man now!! The next time he beats you, you may not be around to leave and take the kids!! Then they will be stuck with that animal for the rest of their growing years. Think what that will do to them. :eek:
    jaz-22 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Dec 11, 2006, 02:33 PM
    Leave Him Leave Him Leave Him Leave Him Leave Him Leave Him

Ps Leave Him!
    Allheart Posts: 1,639, Reputation: 436
    Ultra Member

Dec 11, 2006, 05:04 PM
    Through the eyes of your children, They see:

You... being beaten. You being... disrespected... and the worst kind of role model, an extremely unhealthy man with many many issues.

It's time to call someone, shelters, domestic abuse hotline. It's time to take control of your life and your children's and change the things their eyes and minds are viewing. If you waiver and wonder if leaving is the right thing to do, take a second and look at your children and want better for them. Not only do you deserve so much better and do have a choice, your children are counting on you to make the right choice, the one that will keep the safest and in the healthiest of environments.

I know this must be scary, and there are probably more questions than answers, but take that step and be sure that when you are ready to leave that you have protection so that it is safely done. If that means calling the police and having them be there while he leaves or you and your children leave, than that is what it means.

I am sure the Domestic Abuse Agency in your local area would give you the best guidance on how to do all of this quickly and safely.
    moonshine Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Dec 12, 2006, 12:29 AM
    I personally agree with Allheart above. If you are being mistreated to the extent of physical abuse it is something to be reported.

Unless you feel that it will further complicate issues for you.
    But one this is for sure, get out of there girl.

Even if you and your family are worried about the children, sticking it out with an abusive husband will only make it worse on them.

I would have advised you to go in for couple therapy but from my judgement this has gone beyond the scope of reason.

Is it possible for you to have a conversation with him without it getting ugly? Can he handle a logical, non-threatening discussion? Can you talk to him about things like separation, logistics, children's future plans etc?

If you think he cannot handle it in a civilized manner, please call for help.

And if he hits you again, dial 911. Please.

I just saw your later posts as well. I see you have spoken to your husand about separation and do seem to have a disadvantage with the children. I think a Women's helpline is a good idea and they'll be better advisors than any of us.

If it looks like there isn't much going in your favor, can you work out an arrangement with your husband? If not, while you are there, try getting a job or a qualification if you need it. You'll have to shift your focus to becoming emotionally and financially independent.

And while you do so, please pray for your own strength and wisdom and for the happiness of your family.
    sliptthrucrack Posts: 24, Reputation: 4

May 30, 2007, 10:51 AM
    Sweetie, you don't need a jerk like that!! Get some help and get out now before it only gets worse. Like everyone here is telling you, believe me, it will get better once he is out of your life. As for the children, it will also be better for them before they get bitter by what they see and hear. Good luck and be careful.
    fix-what-you-broke Posts: 305, Reputation: 61

May 30, 2007, 12:13 PM
    Yes your children might be unhappy for a while if you leave their dad, but think about the long run, they will be very unhappy to see their father beat their mother. And seeing something like that happen will scar them forever.
    The thing about forgiving cheaters is you will forgive it so many times he will start to do it more as he has the excuse that all he has to do is say he's sorry and you will forgive him, why should he stop if you keep forgiving him? A wee slap on the wrist every now and then isn't going to make him stop, in the end he will lose so much respect for you it won't matter to him who he sleeps with, all that will matter is he can do it and get away with it.
    OK... you have been together five years, he should be mature enough to understand the fact that you could not bring yourself to sleep with him after what he did, I know, I have been there, and I can tell you that the first time sleeping with a man that has cheated is hard, for me it was in my head what he did with her, did he kiss her, did he do it with her like he did it with me etc, he should understand that.
    But on the other hand, and I'm not getting at you so please try to understand me... if you agreed to forgive him for the cheating the first time round, forgiving should mean just that, you cannot forgive him, then put a hold on sex.. yes maybe for a while until you get used to it, but to deny him for all that time is wrong AFTER you have forgiven him.
    Again, after saying that, he has no right to hit you, ever. He should have told you that the lack of sex was a problem for him instead of using his fists.
    Leave him, there are better men out there who won't beat you or punish you for something they have done.
    mlmez Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 29, 2007, 02:15 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by lolitta
    I have been married for five years now. we have got 2 kids. My husband cheated on me while i was pregnant with a very good friend of mine. he was still cheating on me while we got married with the same girl and asked me to keep our marriage secret. I later found out, he left the girl, i forgave him and we decided to work things out. It was good for a while and then after about 2 years he cheated on me again. I still forgave him, but since then things have been rough. we started having sexual problems and i can't just bring myself to have sex with him. It has been going on for about 3 years now and it made him to start being aggressive. He has beaten me up four times since then, the last being 3 weeks ago and has also cheated on me again in the course of it all. Generally, he is a real nice person and i guess he is just sort of frustrated with the whole sexual problems. I have decided this time around to leave him, but most of my friends and family are saying i am making a mistake and that we could still work things out (mainly because of the kids). But honestly speaking i do not think so because i am pretty sure i stopped loving him and i can't really find it in me to forgive him again for his latest transgression. I am feeling so frustrated right now mainly because of the children and if it is the right thing to do. I know they are going to suffer the most but i have really been unhappy for a very long time and i just need out. Please help me. I think sometimes it is good to listen to neutral people and get what they think.
    I don't understand why you are confused? He committed adultery- breaking your wedding vows, betrays you again with a friend, physically hits you... and you are asking if you should stay for more of the same? I know you know the answer already. Have some respect for yourself. Don't let your children learn that this is normal behavior and grow up to do the same things to their families. You are a mother, and with that title comes responsibility. Look what you are doing to them! You have a responsibility to those children, it's time to step up to the plate and do the right thing. Get out.
    Comming Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 11, 2008, 03:32 AM
    Yeah that's some BS he's some tohide th marriage your suppose to be his queen not his sole girl email me I'll show u how 2 fx him lol
    darodriguez1973 Posts: 11, Reputation: 2

Jun 11, 2008, 04:27 PM
    Do not go to counseling, do not listen to family members that say stay for the children. You are teaching the kids a very horrible lesson. If you do not leave you will end up severely injured or god forbid dead. Then your kids will be left with that monster. If you have any love for your kids you will leave immediately. Don't worry about money bills or his feelings just leave. You also need some therapy to see why you allowed this to happen to you in the first place, because if you think about it he has never been good to you yet you stayed. Defend yourself by any means necessary if need be. HE NEVER LOVED YOU!! So don't let him fool you now
    yvette516 Posts: 43, Reputation: 2

Jun 14, 2008, 09:15 PM
    Get out as fast as you can. It looks like you know what the right thing to do is but you want some reassurance. Yes, you are doing what's best. As far as the kids go, it will actually be better for them if you leave. This way they will see that it's not OK for women to get hit, it's not OK to cheat... They can still have a good relationship with the father as long as he makes an effort to stay connected to them. Get out now and start a new life with those beautiful children. You and the kids deserve better.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

When to know you should leave [ 24 Answers ]

Need advice from anyone at this point.. I have been married for nine years, for seven years in the marriage my husband has been doing everything for every one but his family. He has left me so lonely that about a few years ago, I went to visit family and ran into an old friend. Yes a male...

How do I know when to leave [ 10 Answers ]

:( I have been with this man for years and I have been unhappy for about ten but I have been tiring to make it work he has no job we have a six year old son and he has been very mean to me ever since he found out I cheated but the only reason I did was one time with a old friend I knew for years...

Do I really want to leave her? [ 8 Answers ]

I recently broke up with my girlfriend/fiance of one year. Our relationship moved very quickly and we moved in together 4 months after going out for the first time. I honestly thought it was love at first sight. There are a lot of qualities about her that I adore and truly miss; after all, I do...

Should I stay or leave [ 6 Answers ]

:( me and my mother in law had a argument about two months ago, she lives right next to me, anyway she thinks she has to run my family well now it is causeing problems in my marriage. I have been married for 16 years and this is the first time we have talked about divorce, we have never even fought...

Should I leave him [ 14 Answers ]

I have been with my boyfreind for 4yrs. I lived with him the first 3 then he kicked me out for hearing I was cheating, which I wasn't and he knows.We have been getting along very well, but every time he gets angry with me for the smallest thing (ex. Calling him more than once when he is out with...

View more questions Search