Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    LIgirl Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Sep 27, 2009, 05:36 PM
    Hair has green tint
    My hair got really light from the sun, my dark roots were coming in and had some gray
    OK I am looking for ajob so wanted to tone it down. Bought loreal ash blonde -used it over the summer when my hair turned red.Now it has a green tint. I am out of work , just fixed my car and my rent is due on the 1st so I have no money to go get it fixed in a salon. I bought light natural blonde but will that make it too light? Please someone email me at [email protected]
    Sylvanta Sybil Posts: 74, Reputation: 5

Sep 27, 2009, 11:47 PM

I think you used too much bleach (if you did at all)

Sep 28, 2009, 04:54 AM
    I did not bleach it I used Loreal Ash blonde I am calling loreal after 9am
    Perito Posts: 3,139, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

Sep 28, 2009, 11:02 AM

Green tint is caused when the hair has too much yellow in it and an ash shade (which contains more blue than neutral or golden shades) is used.

Use a neutral blonde, not a golden blonde.

Sep 28, 2009, 01:33 PM
    Your so right, I called L'oreal this morning and they told me that , but they told me to wash my hair 2 x a day with cheap shampoo for 4 days to strip the ash color and to wait 3-4 weeks prior to dying it again otherwise I can really damage it. They said for me to call prior to buying another color and they will help me , they were so helpful. Washed my hair last night and this morning and its getting better but I bought suave for 1.00 so that should strip the color the shampoo I was using was paul mitchell shampoo 1 and it cost 10.00 hope they are right. Thanks for answering.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hair turned green tint what to do? [ 1 Answers ]

My hair has a green tint from dyeing it blond highlight then brown what can I do??

How do I do this treatment to remove a green tint from my hair before I color it? [ 6 Answers ]

I went to a salon today for a consultation and I was told that I would need to do a treatment before I color my hair. First let me explain how damaged my hair is. Currently I have about 3 inches of dark brown roots, and a yellow/white blonde colour ontop and underneath is dark brown. Last time I...

TV Picture portion green tint [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Sanyo HDTV quality, and about 6 months ago while I was watching TV about half of the screen had a green tint to it and the other half had normal color. The next day the picture was okay--all color back to normal. This has happened several times now, and I'm wondering if it could be a...

Black hair tint [ 1 Answers ]

Have dyed black hair, original colour dark brown and have VERY resistant grey.Use Clairol professional black with 10 vol. peroxide. For years the colour has been running out of my hair,staining my clothes with black streaks, all this happening even after 4 weeks of not colouring. So, figuring the...

View more questions Search