Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pkaze Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 27, 2009, 04:25 PM
    Bidding new construction cleaning jobs. Is a contract needed?
    Hi. We have a cleaning business that does homes and apartments and would like to branch out to new construction cleaning and perhaps small commercial buildings of one or two floors.
    I'd like to know if anyone has any advice on bidding these jobs (per square foot?) and if a contract is needed.

Any answer will be appreciated.

Thanks
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 27, 2009, 04:27 PM

A contact should be used for any home, apartment or any cleaning job.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Sep 27, 2009, 10:24 PM
    Hi, pkaze!

Yes, contracts are important because they serve to protect both you and the customer because everything is spelled out in the contract for the work that is to be done, how it is to be done, times involved, costs, materials, supplies, insurance, liability and your responsibilities as well as those of the customer.

Before we help you with the bidding process, prices, contracts, etc. would you please let us know how you plan to go about obtaining the jobs cleaning in new construction and the commercial establishments? Also, do you have a business plan in place?

Thanks!
    pkaze Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 28, 2009, 06:52 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clough View Post
    Hi, pkaze
    Before we help you with the bidding process, prices, contracts, etc., would you please let us know how you plan to go about obtaining the jobs cleaning in new construction and the commercial establishments? Also, do you have a business plan in place?

Thanks!
    Thanks Clough.

We've been in business since 2003 and may have had a business plan at that time, but things have changed over time. So, no, no business plan at this time.
    Right now we advertise our business on our own website, Google, Craigslist, flyers, business cards and word of mouth. For the new construction cleaning we plan to go to the builders main offices and to job sites, to submit our information package containing our insurance and bond information along with our DBA and W-9. We carry heavy insurance so that should not be a problem there. We can also add to our website when we are ready.

Our concern now is the pricing per sq foot. We have subscribed to The Blue Book cost guide for residential and light commercial cleaning, but it is no help. That book seems to only cover interior cleaning broken down by item and cleaning depth. (Lt, Med, Heavy) So it tells us the going price per each for cleaning, say a stove top, or ceiling fan, etc.
    What we're looking for is a way to bid by price per square foot for doing debris removal, interior and exterior windows, cleaning walls and floors, woodwork etc.

We're in the Houston area and would like to know if there is a way to find the going rate per sq ft in our area. We'd appreciate any and all comments and advice we receive.

Thanks
    Uber Member

Oct 2, 2009, 12:07 PM
    Hi again, pkaze!

I'm going to let Stringer know about your thread. He owns a very large cleaning/janitorial company in the Chicago, IL area. He's extremely knowledgeable and helpful and his advice is as good as gold and second to none!

Thanks!
    Dirt Diva Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 2, 2010, 03:28 PM

I am new to this forum and have a few questions myself. How do I bid new construction cleanup jobs? I put a bid in for a new DQ building. It has 3132 sq ft. I bid the job at .20 pr sq ft. He awarded the job to me but thought my bid was low. I then added in windows. 20 windows at $5.00 each. Is my bid on track?
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Mar 2, 2010, 04:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirt Diva View Post
    I am new to this forum and have a few questions myself. How do I bid new construction cleanup jobs? I put a bid in for a new DQ building. It has 3132 sq ft. I bid the job at .20 pr sq ft. He awarded the job to me but thought my bid was low. I then added in windows. 20 windows at $5.00 each. Is my bid on track?
    HI Diva,

You need to start you own thread asking this question to receive the attention it deserves. We are not supposed to ask separate questions on someone else's thread.

Simply go to the home page, click 'Ask Question' the pick your category and click Ask. YOu will then have started your own thread with this question and receive some help.

Thanks,

Stringer
    Uber Member

Mar 2, 2010, 04:58 PM
    Old and now archived thread.

Thread CLOSED.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Figuring out a bidding price for new construction clean-up jobs. [ 10 Answers ]

How do I go about formulating a price to bid for a new construction cleanup job? Make-ready service

Bidding on commercial jobs in my area [ 21 Answers ]

Hi I currently own my own cleaning company in ILLINOIS. I have been cleaning residential homes in Illinois for the past nine months and I am ready to also switch to offices in the night time.. I am just a little confused on what to do for offices though... Sq footage or hourly rates?? I...

Commercial construction bidding [ 1 Answers ]

I am currently getting in to commercial construction. I wanted to see if there is any way to figure a job of the scale by the square footage. Thank you

Bidding on drywall and painting jobs [ 1 Answers ]

I live in Louisiana and want to start up a small business. I want to know, how much is the going rate a square foot to bid a house. How much a square foot for painting and finishing drywall?

Contract Bidding [ 1 Answers ]

What is the average square foot rate to strip-seal and wax a floor? Thanks

View more questions Search