Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    saffie Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 27, 2009, 04:17 PM
    Birth/Death Certificate
    Hello. I have the following information about my Greatgrandfather from the 1901 census but would like to know when he died.

Name: George J Lee
    Born: about 1827 St. James London
    Civil Parish: Hackney
    Ecclesiastical Parish : St Barnabas Homerton
    Registration District: Hackney
    Sub Registration District: South-East Hackney
    He was listed as a Pauper and ED, institution Hackney Union Workhouse.

Can you tell me please how I could get the Death Certificate and also what information do I need to get a birth certificate and is the above enough. Do I need any references. I am as you can tell very new to all this.

Would really appreciate any help, thanks.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Sep 27, 2009, 04:31 PM

saffie, I don't think that will be possible to get a death cert. in London at the time you mention, because he died a pauper and if he was born in 1827, life expentancy would not have been great, maybe 30 years. You can't expect accurate records to be kept within parishes. Why do you need a birth cert. by the way, if you don't mind me asking ? You are thinking of a span of almost 200 years.

Tick
    saffie Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 27, 2009, 05:51 PM
    Hello

Thanks you so much for your reply. I have traced my great grandfather George J Lee and would like to find out more information regarding his father and mother so that I can get a bit further into the Lee family and I thought a birth certificate might give me this information.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Father not around at birth. Want to add him to birth certificate/change babies name [ 1 Answers ]

At the time I had my son 5 months ago his father was not in the picture so I opted to not give him his last name or put his name on the birth certificate... however now his father came back and we are working things out.. how do I go about changing the birth certificate and my sons last name... do...

How to get a death certificate from another state? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I wanted to know How to get a death certificate of someone, when you don't live in the same state? Thank you

Gift Certificate of Death [ 97 Answers ]

Has everyone veiwed the insane idea brought to attention Dec 2 for holiday gift certificate? The New York Times reported that 35 parent planning station across the Unitied States have offered the gift of death as a Christmas gift. As quoted in the news: Here's an original holiday gift...

Need a death certificate copy [ 1 Answers ]

I need a copy of a death certificate, where do I go to get a copy of it? Would that be the courthouse/ emoore

Death certificate [ 1 Answers ]

Hi Experts, I am doing a biographical search on a subject, minor nobility, who died in South of France, 1878 and would like to obtain death certificate, also find burial place. She is buried in Nimes, Arles, maybe Nice. Can anyone direct me how to get records in France, and a listing...

View more questions Search