Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Sep 27, 2009, 02:26 PM
    Taurus won't start sometimes
    I recently picked up a 94 Taurus wagon with a 3L fuel injected V6. About once a month it decides not to start. The relay clicks but nothing turns. 20 minutes later it fires right up.

I've replaced the battery, checked the wires and connections, and cannot find anything out of whack.

Am I looking at a new starter motor soon or just a solenoid?
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Sep 27, 2009, 02:27 PM

Maybe it's humidity. Does the Taurus get stubborn when it's really humid out?
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Sep 27, 2009, 02:32 PM

This link may help:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...tml#post235560

Before replacing the solenoid/starter motor, clean the connections going to the starter motor. Also, clean the alternator mega wire connections, where they go into the under hood fuse box (where the 130A mega fuse is). This link explains further:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...ml#post1973613

Try replacing the fuse, it shouldn't hurt anything but I don't think that's the answer. It's likely an empty slot.
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Sep 27, 2009, 02:36 PM
    I live on the coast, Twink. Any time it drops below 85% we freak out.

I just noticed something. There's a mini fuse missing from the block under the hood. It's a 10amp and the spot it's supposed to be in is labeled "ignition coil." Is that for a different engine or should there be a fuse there?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

2003 ford taurus won't start [ 3 Answers ]

2003 won't start, starter turning but won't start, what could be the possibilities?

93 Taurus SHO.Again [ 2 Answers ]

I have an 93 Taurus SHO. I previously asked about the transmission, Which by the way works fine, so Thanks TxGreaseMonkey(I think that was his name). Anyway. Now, It's doing something again. When it gets hot, It just stalls out. First let me say that it's not boiling over. The temp gauge is like......

1999 Ford Taurus won't start [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Ford Taurus that makes a grinding, screeching sound when I attempt to start it. We have recently had trouble with it over heating. My wife said right before it died on her it felt like the car slipped into overdrive but the car was losing speed even though she tried flooring it. Added...

96 taurus [ 1 Answers ]

I have a new fuel pump,filter the car iddles perfect but I can't accelarate if I push on accelarator peddle it will brin the rpm to 2000 and then dies right away if I don't release the peddle it will stale if I let go quickly it will just drop to 1000 rpm and stay there.I don't know what the...

1999 Taurus won't start [ 1 Answers ]

My 1999 Ford Taurus has been a good car, but yesterday after getting home from somewhere, I went out to my car to run an errand. Even though I had driven it not 5 minutes prior, it won`t even turn over when I try to start it. I have checked every fuse relating to the starter, anyone know what`s...

View more questions Search