Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    danielledanni12 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 27, 2009, 08:07 AM
    Room sharing with parents
    Our 6 year old daughter shares a bedroom with me and my husband, we have been on the housing list for 6 years, but the council don't seem to care about the sitiuation, could you please tell me if there are any laws, we are currently living with my mother-in-law
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Sep 27, 2009, 08:23 AM

You must be from the UK because you mention council. I don't know about the rules in UK, but to my way of thinking, there wouldn't be a problem with the law in a child sharing a room with her parents. However, there would be if siblings shared a room into their teen years. I guess you have to keep at the council to remind them, or move somewhere else to get accommodation you are happier with.

Tick

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My Son will be sharing a room with my ex and his new girlfriend? [ 16 Answers ]

My son's father and I have lived separately for about two years, sharing custody pretty evenly. We do not have a court order, just an informal arrangement which has worked fine. Since moving out, my ex has lived with his brother in a 2-bedroom apt, so when our son is with him, they share a...

Girls, 11y and 14y, sharing same room [ 8 Answers ]

Recently my family has had to take in my wife's father. While temporary in nature, this has burdened the family slightly and caused my daughters to have to share a room. My 14yo daughter visits on a standard schedule but lives with her mother, and the 11yo lives here full time. We had a bedroom set...

Room sharing or kids [ 4 Answers ]

Does anyone know the legal age when children are expected NOT to share a room? Or what the councils law is on room entitlement?

10 & 13 YO sharing room - opposite sex [ 5 Answers ]

My boyfriend has a daughter that is 13 1/2 years old (8th grade) girl and a 10 (almost 11, 5th grade) boy. The daughter is afraid to sleep alone so the son has to sleep in her room EVERY night. He does the same at the Mom's house. There are plenty of bedrooms. She every single night will start...

Room sharing [ 3 Answers ]

What is the law on the age brother and sisters sharing a bedroom

View more questions Search