Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Sep 26, 2009, 10:25 PM
    Dumbed down America
    I have been following the story of the census worker that was found hung with his feet and hands taped and his census bureau name tag taped to his forehead. They are saying that it may have been suicide. That if it was homicide the person may not have known he worked for the census bureau.
    HOW do you hang yourself after taping your hands and feet? Why would you tape your name tag to your forehead?
    How does someone not know they worked for the census bureau when they took the time to tape their tag to their forehead? (Unless of course they can't read... but then again that maybe makes them dumbed down?)
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Sep 26, 2009, 11:23 PM

'Dumbed down' is being kind to the low lives that did this NH.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Sep 27, 2009, 10:27 AM

Very true Stringer
    But the people who want to be PC and look at it as maybe a suicide... where are their brains?
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Sep 27, 2009, 02:46 PM
    Pc
    Quote Originally Posted by N0help4u View Post
    very true Stringer
    but the people who want to be PC and look at it as maybe a suicide....where are their brains?
    Where are the brains of the people who are PC anyway? How do you avoid racism by referring to a persons race? How dumb can you get?
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Sep 27, 2009, 05:37 PM
    If you want to call walking into the backwoods of Appalachia alone and announcing to everyone you meet that you work for the federal government suicide, I'll agree. There are still stills up that way, and the folks who run them have kids that cook up more potent stuff than corn liquor.

Suicide - I don't think so

Domestic terrorism a la McVeigh - I doubt that, too.

Stumble over something illegal - most likely.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Sep 27, 2009, 08:06 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by N0help4u View Post
    I have been following the story of the census worker that was found hung with his feet and hands taped and his census bureau name tag taped to his forehead. They are saying that it may have been suicide. That if it was homicide the person may not have known he worked for the census bureau.
    HOW do you hang yourself after taping your hands and feet? Why would you tape your name tag to your forehead?
    How does someone not know they worked for the census bureau when they took the time to tape their tag to their forehead? (Unless of course they can't read....but then again that maybe makes them dumbed down?)
    Do you think he was hung there as a message to stay out. I remember when my wife worked for the census in a rural area, there were people hiding all over the place
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Sep 28, 2009, 05:01 AM
    The full force of the Federal Law enforcement powers should swarm the area and find /prosecute the scum who did this .

I am not happy with the census . Having been subject to 3 different lengthy q/a sessions with a census taker this year I know how intrusive their work is . The questions have gone way beyond how many people are in the household into the most detailed aspects of my family income ,assets,finance ,spending ,education (for the American Community Survey (ACS)).
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Community_Survey
    No ,it was not the IRS although I have no doubt this information will be shared .

Each of these sessions have been about 2 hours in length and I am getting phone calls for another session. The taker knows that in my view the questions go way beyond what would be considered a reasonable census.

Still ; this is an act of murder pure and simple ,and the government needs to make sure the people they hire are safe .
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Sep 28, 2009, 06:21 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    The full force of the Federal Law enforcement powers should swarm the area and find /prosecute the scum who did this .

I am not happy with the census . Having been subject to 3 different lengthy q/a sessions with a census taker this year I know how intrusive their work is . The questions have gone way beyond how many people are in the household into the most detailed aspects of my family income ,assets,finance ,spending ,education (for the American Community Survey (ACS)).
    American Community Survey - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    No ,it was not the IRS although I have no doubt this information will be shared .

Each of these sessions have been about 2 hours in length and I am getting phone calls for another session. The taker knows that in my view the questions go way beyond what would be considered a reasonable census.

Still ; this is an act of murder pure and simple ,and the government needs to make sure the people they hire are safe .
    I agree Tom.
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Sep 28, 2009, 07:17 AM

I agree with tom.

What is outrageous in the narrative are those who've jumped onto this as evidence of some right-wing conspiracy.
    Ultra Member

Sep 28, 2009, 07:35 AM

If anyone has a problem with counting illegals then they should read the constitution. Article 1 Sec 2 does not say count the citizens . It says count the whole Number of free Persons .(14th amendment got rid of the 3/5 compromise provision of the article. )
    Once an illegal is here they must be counted according to the constitution.

The bigger problem is the fact that some don't want them COUNTED . They want to play statistical sleighs of hand to guess~timate how many are here instead of relying on the actual enumerated count. That I would contend is unconstitutional .
    Ultra Member

Sep 28, 2009, 07:53 AM

I don't have a problem with counting illegals, I just have a problem with nitwits whipping up more fears of radical right-wingers running rampant to wreak death and havoc on the country.

Bachmann Spread Fears Of Scary Stalking Census Workers

BILL SPARKMAN'S GRUESOME DEATH

Southern populist terrorism

Conservatives' Census Paranoia

Can we discover the facts first?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Sep 28, 2009, 08:09 AM

Hello again, Steve:

Thanks for the link: Think Progress Flashback: Bachmann Spread Fears Of Scary Stalking Census Workers. I agree. Michelle Bachmann and Glenn Beck shouldn't be saying the stuff they do...

They don't realize that some rednecks actually BELIEVE them. They whip them up into a murderous frenzy, so it's not surprising that they killed to first fed to knock on their door. They ARE nitwits, aren't they?

excon
    Ultra Member

Sep 28, 2009, 08:22 AM
    I just wonder why no one like Nancy Pelosi or that blogger at Think Left is taking to task the rioting and political violence by lefties in Pittsburg last week .
    Ultra Member

Sep 28, 2009, 08:24 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Hello again, Steve:

Thanks for the link: Think Progress Flashback: Bachmann Spread Fears Of Scary Stalking Census Workers. I agree. Michelle Bachmann and Glenn Beck shouldn't be saying the stuff they do...

They don't realize that some rednecks actually BELIEVE them. They whip them up into a murderous frenzy, so it's not surprising that they killed to first fed to knock on their door. They ARE nitwits, aren't they?
    Yeah that hick in Kentucky was probably subscribing to the Minnesota Senator's Twitter feed. You think those "rednecks" in the hills of Kentucky need Beck and Bachmann to tell them to be wary of Feds snooping around?
    Ultra Member

Sep 28, 2009, 08:29 AM
    I just wonder why no one like Nancy Pelosi or that blogger at Think Left is taking to task the rioting and political violence by lefties in Pittsburg last week .
    No, no, the story here was police brutality and military arrests.
    Ultra Member

Sep 28, 2009, 10:28 AM
    I wonder if the rhetoric of pro-choice lefties is linked with Jim Pouillon murder?
    Uber Member

Sep 28, 2009, 11:12 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by speechlesstx View Post
    Yeah that hick in Kentucky was probably subscribing to the Minnesota Senator's Twitter feed. You think those "rednecks" in the hills of Kentucky need Beck and Bachmann to tell them to be wary of Feds snooping around?
    Hello again, Steve:

I don't know. You're the one who gave the link.

excon

PS> Don't give that donk a promotion. She's a member of the HOUSE.
    Uber Member

Sep 28, 2009, 11:16 AM

Hello again, Steve:

This is more from your link. I'll bet the rednecks get this right wing dude on their radios..

----------------------
    Conservative radio host Neal Boortz told a caller, “Most of the rest of the [Census] information is designed to help the government steal from you in order to pass off your property to the moochers. They're looters.” Boortz urged his listeners to resist the Census workers. “If somebody comes to my — if a burglar came to your house, are you going to show him where the silverware is?” he asked. “Maybe you will if he pulls out a gun".
    --------------------------------------

With talk like that, I'll bet there'll be MORE violence. Not you, huh? Okee doakee.

excon
    Uber Member

Sep 28, 2009, 11:30 AM
    I wonder if the rhetoric of pro-choice lefties is linked with Jim Pouillon murder?
    Hello tom:

IF the rhetoric accused him of being a KILLER, it probably did... But, of course, the pro-choice lefties don't act that way, do they?

Keep digging, though. Here's what REALLY happened...

Police say the gunman had grudges against several people and didn't like Pouillon holding a sign with graphic images of a fetus in front of students. Authorities believe they stopped a third slaying by catching up with the gunman before he could kill again.

"The defendant had ill will toward these three individuals — not for the same reason necessarily, but had a grudge," said Shiawassee County Prosecutor Randy Colbry.

Authorities charged Harlan James Drake, 33, with first-degree murder. He was arraigned by video without an attorney and ordered held without bond. Authorities said he was a truck driver who mostly lived on the road in his cab and had family in the area, but they were mystified by what may have led him to kill.

The county's chief assistant prosecutor, Sara Edwards, said there didn't appear to be a "triggering event" but Pouillon's presence outside the school seemed to aggravate Drake. It was "the fact that he was outside the high school with his signs in front of children going to school," she said.

excon
    Ultra Member

Sep 28, 2009, 12:10 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Hello again, Steve:

I don't know. You're the one who gave the link.
    Don't play dumb, you know the answer to that.

PS> Don't give that donk a promotion. She's a member of the HOUSE.
    My mistake, I don't particularly want to give any of them a promotion :D

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is America in recession? [ 18 Answers ]

Such a sharp increase in the jobless rate is a sure sign the answer is yes! Bloomberg.com: U.S. BBC NEWS | Business | US unemployment rate reaches 5.5%

Why obese America [ 7 Answers ]

People always want to know why are Americans getting fat. When you can say that 60% of kids are overweight and kids under 5 are seeing 100 lbs don't you think there is more of a problem than simply over eating?? I have been trying to figure it out on my own for the past few years and I came to...

Only in America [ 5 Answers ]

Only in America 1. Only in America... can a pizza get to your house faster than an ambulance. 2. Only in America... are there handicap parking places in front of a skating rink. 3. Only in America... do drugstores make the sick walk all the way to the back of the store to get their...

View more questions Search