Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Sep 28, 2009, 12:31 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Hello again, Steve:

This is more from your link. I'll bet the rednecks get this right wing dude on their radios..

----------------------
    Conservative radio host Neal Boortz told a caller, “Most of the rest of the [Census] information is designed to help the government steal from you in order to pass off your property to the moochers. They’re looters.” Boortz urged his listeners to resist the Census workers. “If somebody comes to my — if a burglar came to your house, are you going to show him where the silverware is?” he asked. “Maybe you will if he pulls out a gun".
    --------------------------------------

With talk like that, I'll bet there'll be MORE violence. Not you, huh? Okee doakee.
    Goodness ex, we've been down this road so many times already. Do you really think that many Americans are so nuts they can't refrain from violence after listening to a talk show? What's amazing is you guys will always find a link between some conservative and some isolated incident no matter what. Boortz is mild when compared to some of the vicious nonsense on the left. A few examples from northern California in the last few years:

Feel free to browse the site to see America's angry, perverted leftists in all their glory, then tell us again how bad Boortz is.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Sep 29, 2009, 07:44 AM

Seems like these redneck hicks hillbilly conservatives in Clay County have this hobby of growing pot and running Meth labs;(not exactly a conservative hobby) and the Feds know it. One wonders why they would not have warned Sparkman that he was wandering into a dangerous place.
    Ultra Member

Sep 29, 2009, 09:50 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    Seems like these redneck hicks hillbilly conservatives in Clay County have this hobby of growing pot and running Meth labs;(not exactly a conservative hobby) and the Feds know it. One wonders why they would not have warned Sparkman that he was wandering into a dangerous place.
    Exactly. I know I wouldn't wander into the area if I could possibly help it.
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Sep 29, 2009, 09:57 AM
    I grew up in those hills (Tennessee, not Kentucky) and I know better than to go wandering around alone in the hollers.
    ETWolverine Posts: 934, Reputation: 275

Sep 29, 2009, 11:18 AM

I know that there is no real connection. But the idea that Sparkman's death was a suicide sort of reminds me of the death of Vince Foster and how that was called a suicide too...

Supposedly Foster shot himself in the head (multiple times?) while in the park where most of his blood and brains were found, and then walked back to his office to die. And it was ruled a suicide.

And supposedly Sparkman tied his own hands behind his back, his feet together, stuck his name-tag to his forehead, and then hanged himself... and people are also trying to say that it was a suicide.

No, I'm not trying to argue that there's some sort of conspiracy. I just find it funny 1) how gullible some people are, and 2) how bad some people are at faking a suicide.

Elliot
    earl237 Posts: 532, Reputation: 57

Sep 30, 2009, 01:03 PM
    I worked on the census before and I never will again. Having to put up with abuse from illiterate riffraff for barely above minimum wage is just not worth it.
    Ultra Member

Sep 30, 2009, 01:33 PM

I bet it sucked working those Democrat districts.
    ETWolverine Posts: 934, Reputation: 275

Sep 30, 2009, 01:49 PM
    I bet it sucked working those Democrat districts.

ROTFLMAO!!

Lots of greenies for you!!

Elliot
    earl237 Posts: 532, Reputation: 57

Sep 30, 2009, 02:44 PM
    Here in Canada we call them Liberals or even worse, the NDP.
    inthebox Posts: 787, Reputation: 179

Sep 30, 2009, 04:20 PM
    First - this is a tragedy and whoever or those responsible need to be caught and charged.
    Second - meth, pot, pills are big problems in this are as they are in other rural areas. I would be surprised if political ideology was the cause of this man's death.

G&P
    Ultra Member

Oct 1, 2009, 02:31 AM

In

Of course it had nothing to do with political ideology. I was responding to the dialogue related to Steve's reply #9
    Ultra Member

Oct 1, 2009, 02:14 PM
    Speaking of a dumbed down America, Harvey Weinstein who is circulating a petition signed by over a hundred Hollywood glitterati defending Roman Polanksi (who raped a 13-year-old girl), claims "Hollywood has the best moral compass, because it has compassion."

Whoopi Goldberg says the director didn't really commit rape, and Debra Winger complains "the whole art world suffers" because of Polanksi's arrest.

Even worse, Peg Yorkin, founder of the Feminist Majority Foundation said “My personal thoughts are let the guy go. It’s bad a person was raped. But that was so many years ago. The guy has been through so much in his life.[/QUOTE]

Oddly enough, one of the saner voices in this is NOW, which gave a smack-down to these people. This pathetic child rapist has "suffered enough" and Hollywood "has the best moral compass?"

Pathetic.
    Ultra Member

Oct 1, 2009, 03:03 PM

The left is shockingly misogynistic and anti-feminist . I'm shocked any of them would give a pass to a statutory rapist/sodomizer.

The guy has been through so much in his life

Living on the lam in Europe as royalty and carrying on his profession must be tough.

I will say that I do not wish what happened to him regarding the murder of his pregnant wife .That would've scarred me for life and perhaps it messed up his mind.

Now Sharon Tate's sister says what he did was consentual sex ? But the facts are clear;he got a 13 year old girl drunk and drugged before he preyed on her.
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Oct 1, 2009, 04:29 PM
    Watch closely, he's going to have some Johnny Cochran wannabe petition for a new trial because the original judge rejected his plea bargain. Brought to you by Proctor & Gamble on the new "all Roman all the time" court TV
    Ultra Member

Nov 24, 2009, 01:11 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by speechlesstx View Post
    I don't have a problem with counting illegals, I just have a problem with nitwits whipping up more fears of radical right-wingers running rampant to wreak death and havoc on the country.

Bachmann Spread Fears Of Scary Stalking Census Workers

BILL SPARKMAN'S GRUESOME DEATH

Southern populist terrorism

Conservatives' Census Paranoia

Can we discover the facts first?
    And the facts are in...

A Kentucky census worker found naked, bound with duct tape and hanging from a tree with "fed" scrawled on his chest killed himself but staged his death to make it look like a homicide, authorities said Tuesday.

Bill Sparkman, 51, was found Sept. 12 near a cemetery in a heavily wooded area of southeastern Kentucky. A man who found the body in the Daniel Boone National Forest has said Sparkman also was gagged and had an identification badge taped to his neck.

Authorities said Sparkman alone manipulated the scene to conceal a suicide. Police said he had talked with others about ending his life, though authorities did not say specifically who in a news release.

Sparkman had recently taken out two life insurance policies that would not pay out for suicide, authorities said. If Sparkman had been killed on the job, his family also would have been be eligible for up to $10,000 in death gratuity payments from the government.
    Now what was all that rampant knee-jerking about?
    inthebox Posts: 787, Reputation: 179

Nov 26, 2009, 12:59 PM

To follow up as Speech already has done.

Police: Census worker made death look like homicide to get money - Latest News - Kentucky.com

I was surprised to see this detail in the "Herald Leader," a McClatchey affiliated paper that is clearly left of center.

G&P

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is America in recession? [ 18 Answers ]

Such a sharp increase in the jobless rate is a sure sign the answer is yes! Bloomberg.com: U.S. BBC NEWS | Business | US unemployment rate reaches 5.5%

Why obese America [ 7 Answers ]

People always want to know why are Americans getting fat. When you can say that 60% of kids are overweight and kids under 5 are seeing 100 lbs don't you think there is more of a problem than simply over eating?? I have been trying to figure it out on my own for the past few years and I came to...

Only in America [ 5 Answers ]

Only in America 1. Only in America... can a pizza get to your house faster than an ambulance. 2. Only in America... are there handicap parking places in front of a skating rink. 3. Only in America... do drugstores make the sick walk all the way to the back of the store to get their...

View more questions Search