Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SlyPhoenix Posts: 63, Reputation: 2

Sep 26, 2009, 09:58 PM
    new to the travel world!
    this might seem like such a naïve question but How do you book a hotel room? Me and my friends just graduated this year and one of my friends moved to Indian for college and I want to surprise her and visit. I've never travelled alone so I don't know how to book a hotel room. I'm 18 and I don't know if I can or if I need a credit card. I have a debit card that I can run as credit. I don't know how all the ins and outs go can someone help me out please =) thanks a lot

-Sly
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 26, 2009, 10:45 PM

Talk to a travel agent. They can book everything for you, plane, hotel etc. They can advise you of the best accommodations to fit your budget.

You can also use one of the travel sites like expedia, orbit or travelocity. Generally those require a credit card but may accept a debit card.

You can also book directly, most hotels and all the chains, will have a web site where you can book. But again, while they will all accept a credit card, I'm not sure about a debit card.
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

Sep 27, 2009, 12:19 PM

If you have specific plan, you may get better deal with package tour (airfare+hotel) offered by travel agents. Check prices with online agents such as Expedia, Travelocity, etc.

Debit card with VISA or MASTERCARD is fine... it's accepted worldwide as well as credit card.

Do some homework on Dos and Taboos before you go... don't get in trouble with the law there unless you want to experience "hell"... :D

Good luck..

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

About to travel the world and. [ 19 Answers ]

I've started to think about the ex from about 8 months ago a lot lately. I've been NC since forever and have a relatively busy life. I haven't met anyone else yet (plenty of opportunities though). I'm about to travel the world for a year or two and make a lot of money (I have a pretty cool job)....

New World [ 2 Answers ]

OK, well if my dad looses his job (which my dad's boss had started talking about it this week) but is there anything you can do to keep from moving? Like staying here where I live now? I mean like if they close then we will be pretty much screwed, I mean his work like sells safety gloves, glasses,...

Girlfriend broke up with me to travel the world.I'm lost [ 2 Answers ]

Hey, recently my girlfriend of 2 years moved away to another country for 8 months to travel and experience being on her own for awhile, she is 22 and I'm 25 she was in a relationship for almost 2 years before we got together she has never really been single. We got together about 1 month after she...

What has the world come to? [ 38 Answers ]

I am upset with society as of right now. Why, you ask? WELL... I've heard cases of girls getting pregnant at THIRTEEN YEARS OLD! I think that teen girls getting pregnant SO young is absolutely crazy! Furthermore, (in my opinion) its shocking that some people believe this is okay. My...

View more questions Search