Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Princess-IMYM Posts: 239, Reputation: 6

Sep 26, 2009, 02:41 PM
    These past few weeks.
    I started 6th form a few weeks ago and it started great, after 3 days I made new friends and that should have made me happy, but after that I have been getting more and more depressed with no reason!:(
    Now, I've had days, as everyone has, that I really just want the ground to swallow me up, but yesterday I had paracetamol in my school bag and if I hadn't only had 2 of them, I would have swallowed a lot more, just so I could do SOMETHING about it.
    I'm not stressed by school work, and there isn't anything really that should amount to this much sadness. I've started writing stories again to how I want life to be, just so I can get away, but when I'm not writing or at work, I just want to break down.
    Is there anything I can do? Other than get more shifts at work, because I have school work to do. :confused:
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Sep 26, 2009, 03:22 PM
    Hi, Princess-IMYM!

Congratulations on making new friends! That's great! :)

Can you "put your finger" on any one thing, that might be contributing to your depression, please?

Thanks!
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 26, 2009, 03:59 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess-IMYM View Post
    I started 6th form a few weeks ago and it started great, after 3 days i made new friends and that shoudl have made me happy, but after that I have been getting more and more depressed with no reason!:(
    Now, I've had days, as everyone has, that I really just want the ground to swallow me up, but yesterday I had paracetamol in my school bag and if i hadn't only had 2 of them, i would have swallowed alot more, just so i could do SOMETHING about it.
    I'm not stressed by school work, and there isn't anything really that should ammount to this much sadness. I've started writing stories again to how i want life to be, just so i can get away, but when im not writing or at work, i just want to break down.
    Is there anything I can do? Other than get more shifts at work, because I have school work to do. :confused:
    I suspect you are unconsciously grieving. Grieving over what? You ask. Maybe over your quickly disappearing youth, maybe over the fact that your innocent school days are almost at an end and you will have to make decisions about your future. I remember at your age thinking, "No, no! I don't want to grow up! I want to be a kid forever!"

I like the idea of you writing -- and you're a good writer too, by the way. Keep writing those stories and even try your hand at poetry. Is there a club at school that interests you -- like, I was in the Latin Club and Future Teachers. We met after school and did fun things. Or is there a church social group for teens? Is there an older neighbor who needs an extra pair of hands to do yard work or house cleaning or laundry, or just someone to chat with for an hour or so?
    Princess-IMYM Posts: 239, Reputation: 6

Sep 26, 2009, 04:06 PM

I haven't thought of that, but I suppose I have always wanted to grow up quickly, get married and have a family was always my first priority, but now it seems like it's not going to happen, society and the economy probably won't let me.
    There aren't many clubs at my school, it's a sports college, therefore only sports clubs, I hate sports.
    I don't really know any of my neighbours, I've always thought to myself that I'll take my mam's freind's dog for a walk but I have never got round to it, I suppose if I did that it would be a start?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 26, 2009, 05:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess-IMYM View Post
    I haven't thought of that, but I suppose I have always wanted to grow up quickly, get married and have a family was always my first priority, but now it seems like it's not going to happen, society and the economy probably won't let me.
    There aren't many clubs at my school, it's a sports college, therefore only sports clubs, I hate sports.
    I don't really know any of my neighbours, I've always thought to myself that I'll take my mam's freind's dog for a walk but I have never got round to it, I suppose if I did that it would be a start?
    You've got a ways to go before marriage and children. I believe the economy will improve bit by bit over the next year or two. And yes, take you mom's friend's dog for walks. Make it a daily or several-times-a-week activity. Be sure, though, you ask for instructions and things to be aware of (e.g. the dog chases squirrels, so you have to hold on tight to the leash, etc.)

I have great faith in you! You're an impressive young lady.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

26 weeks, 3 weeks behind in growth, dr's concerned. [ 7 Answers ]

My baby is now 26 weeks, but measures 23, the Dr.'s are very concerned and have brought up the possibility of having a skeletal disorder(dwarf) because she is behind on growth, we did an amnio and also blood tests which all came back fine. They have also not found any other abnormalities. Is this...

What are your thoughts about having a colpo past 20 weeks? [ 1 Answers ]

I don't know why I was schedule for a colpo in a month and I indeed know that the doc who saw me at my first appoint. Did one and decided not to post my results in my pregnancy passport. The reason I say that is because my midwife went over all my tests and my results everything looked beautiful...

The past few weeks I've felt lonely and sad [ 23 Answers ]

For the past few weeks I've felt really lonely and sad. When I'm with my friends I feel a lot better but when I'm alone I feel worse than ever. Everything I do I seem to be bored with now. My ex and I broke up a few months ago and I'm pretty much OK with it now but I'm still very lonely and wish...

Deteriorating health in the past 3 weeks [ 10 Answers ]

I have a problem, it's starting to scare me: First I had intense stomach pains for a week straight, to the point where all I could do to feel better is sleep. Then I had what I thought could've been a pulled muscle in my left butt cheek. Then I had a tense left calf muscle, which I...

View more questions Search